Cliffs of Dover: £8.75 at Just Flight till Tuesday 8th Nov

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Cliffs of Dover: £8.75 at Just Flight till Tuesday 8th Nov

Post by Paul K »

Anyone still thinking about getting IL2: Cliffs of Dover might like to take the plunge this weekend, as its about as cheap as you'll ever find it.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=645

A lot of remedial work has been done since its initial release, and more is in the pipeline. Those people I know who have owned it since day one say its improved no end, and there seems to be a firm commitment on the part of the developers to get it right. At this price you can't go wrong, and I'll certainly be getting it.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Cliffs of Dover: £8.75 at Just Flight till Tuesday 8th N

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks for the news, I've been ummimg and ahhhing for a while, now I cannot resist. :welldone:
Alex

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Don't want to put a damper on it but it sucks unless you have a super duper setup.
Well, actually IMHO it sucks.

Although I'll add a caveat, let me download again from steam and see if the updates have fixed anything.....

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dog Tail, the impression I get is that its a lot better than it was when first released, though its an ongoing process.

By the way, here's a link to a discussion on video settings as published in PC Pilot magazine. They do seem to have an effect.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 361.0.html

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Re-ummed and re-Ahhhhed, you guys have reversed my enthusiasm for getting this now. $12 stays on CC, returning to trusty FSX & IL2
;) What was I even thinking.
Alex

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Just downloaded latest version.

What's better.
No noticeable lag. Over water seems to fly reasonably well. Graphics okay except (see below).
Seems easier to fly, more controllable.
Had an enjoyable half hour dogfighting Falco's over the channel.
Menu's now more logical and actually work.

What's still broke.
RC chatter broken.
Wingmen commands, not all work.
Getting strange graphics colouration in the cockpit, lots of reds, yellows, blues like some sort of low res highliting.

Here's the biggy for me. Spent half hour dogfighting, down a flac, returning to base when WHAM crash and lockup.

Probably needs some tweaking but as a default install 7 - 10.

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Not sure about the rest of the issues on the list above as I have only just installed it but the colour problem in the cockpit is resolved by disabling the Anti Epillepsy setting on the graphics settings.

Steve M

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

well I plumped for it despite my hate of this steam crap.. I want to install and run preferably from a box... however no choice so its steam.. I am downloading this huge file and will try it later...if it finishes downloading this week :lol:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tony..

Sri to take this off track a little but you mention Steam.. what the hell is it? I have a free Batman game with my GTX560Ti and it mentions a Steam account. Is it a way to download stuff :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Its a bloody security thingy, I must say though to be fair when you download the game from the link supplied, you set up a steam account, all explained when you download. It then allows you to download the game and install it, it also patched it to the latest version, which takes a long time unless your on fibre optic BB I just am old fashioned and like my games installed like FS9 etc, I guess its a good idea. I have the Batman game you mention but never downloaded it as I did not see me ever playing that one. (to slow and old for such beat'em ups) :)
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores