You know what this means, don't you?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: You know what this means, don't you?

Post by Vc Ten »

I think you are right Ian I think they inprovised some molatov cocktails from the booze on board
The dc10 fleet was grounded that day or the next and there was one aircraft stranded at Schipol. Cant remember which airline it belonged to. It was moved to the hangar next to the one we were working in and tight security put around it (didnt stop us getting a peek at it though)
Dale
Image Image Image

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: You know what this means, don't you?

Post by dfarrow »

Hi guys , a redeployed pilot mate , doing searches on Belfast bound flights ; found a bomb under the seat . They were certainly there in mid- late '70s ; indeed N. Ireland flights were a volunteer operation . For Speedbird up to late '70/80s Long Haul ( LH ) had some 5th freedom rights , and we would see 10's in Dusseldorf , Zurich , Amsterdam , ie on Short Hauls (SH) patch picking up local pax for the LH destination . Around 79/81 SH had an a/c shortage ; so some 10's , a Dan air 707 G-AYSL ( yep you've guessed it ... nicknamed ''spredlegs' , an Eastern Tristar ( ''ghost of'' 804EA ) were rented in . An old girlfriend ( SH c/c ) volunteered for the 10's , she was doing Amsterdams and Lisbons to mention 2 destinations . Later in '82 driving passed Duxford ..she said '' Wots GC doing there ? Reply she's retired , with an engine failure on delivery flt ! '' They can't do that , I'm only 25'' ! ..... The rest of the fleet has lasted longer than her !

rgds