You know what this means, don't you?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

You know what this means, don't you?

Post by speedbird591 »

YES - WAR!!!!!

Well - maybe after lunch :lol:

But it also means that I've finally found a way to install my Captain Sim aircraft into Prepar3d using the installers. I tried to do it the free way by installing into FSX, dragging, dropping and fiddling with dll.xml files and stuff but to no avail. I finally bit the bullet and paid nearly 12 euros for a lovely little program that installs almost any FSX add-on into P3D effortlessly. Even Track IR, which I don't use, but installing it has been causing difficulties for people. The only thing so far that has stumped it is the Reality XP Garmin so it seems like a good investment if you've got some FSX stuff with installers lying around that you want to see in P3D.

Read about it on the P3D forum here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=1101

But there is a downside, I'm afraid. Ben - look away now :lol:

Ian :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: You know what this means, don't you?

Post by Garry Russell »

Looks like it was worth it :)

That's a great shot of s B-52 in the first pic :thumbsup:

As for the second pic...that's a great shot of a B-52 in the first pic :thumbsup:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

No comment on the flying runt, but you did give me the kick up the backside I needed to do my VC10 and Trident flightplans. they're not exhaustive, I've typed them in from the CBFS VA flight plans, and some don't easily translate into FS flight plans, but suffice to say I've BA VC10's (and the odd transitional one) as well as CAAC trident 2's in Kia Tak now :rock:

Out of curiosity, If you were taking a VC10 from Heathrow, was the most direct route to Kia Tak? (i.e. one with fewest stops) *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TSR2 wrote:Out of curiosity, If you were taking a VC10 from Heathrow, was the most direct route to Kia Tak? (i.e. one with fewest stops) *-)
How about BA920 on a Friday in 1973. Dep LHR 1225, arr Rome 1440/dep 1545, arr Beirut 2045/dep 2130, arr Delhi 0505/dep 0550, arr HKG 1520. All times local. From the 1973 timetable.

That's about the minimum stops you could do with a VC10.

I can also see Rome, Kuwait, Bangkok, HKG. Frankfurt, Damascus, Doha, Calcutta, HKG and Rome, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Bangkok, HKG. You couldn't do that one nowadays - TLV-THR!

Ian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

For an aircraft that had a reasonable range, they are all pretty short hops. I suppose they could service more countries that way *-)

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TSR2 wrote:For an aircraft that had a reasonable range, they are all pretty short hops. I suppose they could service more countries that way *-)
We didn't have traffic rights in Europe. Frankfurt and Rome were refuelling stops only. Anyway, you wouldn't think they were short hops if you had some of the hangovers we had to endure :-#

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Some BOAC flights from Africa went through Amsterdam...was that a refuelling stop??

Maybe from the days when the range limitations meant they couldn't quite make it to London...the two airports being either side of the safety line??
Garry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I don't remember ever calling at Amsterdam from Africa but I would have thought that an African service could have made LHR if it could make AMS. I've called at Cairo and Rome and even Paris from Africa. I've called at Amsterdam and Frankfurt from the Far East if headwinds were strong or if LHR was fogged in - and Paris for a medical emergency.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The Argonauts sure did, it was Rome coming up from East Africa and Amsterdam from West Africa.

Always thought it was a bit odd, but they must have come up Eastern Iberia and kept over land until Amsterdam then across left over from the early days.

Don't know how many other routes went through Amsterdam but BOAC VC 10's were no stranger there and G-ASGO was destroyed by terrorism at Schiphol.

Maybe the 707's didn't go in there and come to think of it I don't recall much mention of them *-)
Garry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't think Ian's that old that he'd have been on the Argonauts, but you never know :lol:

ImageImageImage