Flight Replicas Heron released...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Flight Replicas Heron released...

Post by Vc Ten »

Right then Done all that. Guess what ? Still dont work :rant:
Started off with the Heron loaded up and running in the sim Swiched the elements to off Paused flight and started the client The client now shows the landing lights as -------- : True :S Shut down the sim and restarted This time loaded the default cessna. When the sim was running double checked the lights were off, which they were, and of course couldnt start the client as it would have detected wrong a/c. Swapped a/c in task bar to heron and heron loaded with the lights switch on 8) So swiched them off again Over to the client and its showing :True, with the lights off. Even tried to save the flight with the heron's lights switched off It loaded with the lights off but when starting the client it still saw the lights as : True
I can only think that the client is reading the switch position but the switch position is giving the wrong output :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Dale.. what position was the lamp in when the client reported off? It seems to be having difficulty deciding which is the landing lights switch.. the elements switch or the extend/retract switch. Regardless of what position the elements switch is at, the lights don't actually come on unless the lamp is extended.

BTW.. there's a fix posted for it already. More a new model than a fix.. you have to uninstall the original first. It patches coding in the wing de-ice system.
ATB
Dave :)
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hiya :hello: mate
The extend/retract switch has no effect on the client The client picks up the position of the element swich regardless of if the element is powered. So if you swich the element off then extend the lamp unit and then switch the element back on the client will still read the switch as off *-)
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. that's a pain *-) I'm not sure what can be done about this other than question FR and ask why the elements switch defaults to ON. There's no good reason why it should.. I can't think of any other model I have, payware or otherwise where this happens :| In the meantime.. I'll give it some more thought *-)

EDIT: I've downloaded and installed the new version (1.1).. having uninstalled the original first.. and the LL elements switch hasn't been touched.. it still defaults to the ON position. It doesn't show any light until the lamp is extended as before. I've read this thread so many times now I can't remember what the hell the client is reporting :wall:

Lets do this one more time. If you don't touch the LL elements switch and leave it in its default ON (switch down) position.. what is the client reporting?

What does the client report if you then make the elements switch UP(OFF)?
EDIT#2 Does the client report any change if the lamp is extended or retracted?

EDIT#603..
OK.. I know the answer to all the above having just given myself a rating and booked a flight. The client is only seeing the lights on when the switch is up (which as far as the model is concerned.. is off). The problem we have is that the lights don't visibly show when the switch is up :wall:
DG.. could you do me a favour and look at the light code please. Something somewhere is well buggered. I don't believe it's the client having the problem.

In the meantime Dale.. if you want to have another go at FR explaining what both you and I see.. it might move them to some sort of action. For one, the light switch should not default to on as the light isn't actually on otherwise visible light would show on the ground had it been modelled accurately. I appreciate that other than this.. the switch appears to work 'in sim' but a cheat somewhere is causing this issue with the VA.

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I may be missing the wood for the trees here but I can't find any of the gauges (well.. but for a handful.. landing gear e t c) for it.. not even a dll :dunno: Is this why a de-ice gauge change necessitated a full model install? In this case, I fear we're bu99ered without FR intervention Dale which is disappointing as they say it's all working fine :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ive sent off another mail to FR explaining, maybe slightly clearer the problem. Lets see what reply we get
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've sent one too mate quoting that you have already reported the issue. All we can do now is sit and wait ;)

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Had a quick look last night, but everything is embedded code so it's awkward to find. To me it looks like the the land light switch is down for off, and up for on, so it is defaulting to off. :dunno:
I had a go at writing a quick initialisation gauge to switch the light of when the aircraft first loads, but sim thinks it's already off so it had no effect. At that point I gave up and went back to DCS :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Many thanks for having a look Dave :thumbsup:

FR replied to my email describing the issue yesterday.. not bad I have to say:
As mentioned to Dale just a while ago, we’re still looking at that. The coding is strictly default FSX, the same as every other default aircraft. Why it’s doing this is a mystery, but right now we think it may be linked to the viz code used in conjunction with the retractable landing light. FSX has many bugs related to lights, as you probably know. Every solution we’ve tried has just made it work in reverse for everyone else, obviously. I’ll keep you informed, either directly or when an update is out. We may just make a version for VA users, which would be simple to do, but hopefully it won’t come to that.

It may take a day or two to go through, as real life gets in the way, but stay tuned.
A positive response and in no way dismissive. I'm impressed :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I have had a similar reply. It looks like they believe there is a problem, we will have to wait and see . Looks positive though
Image Image Image