Flight Replicas Heron released...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Flight Replicas Heron released...

Post by simondix »

Sorry Dave should have made myself clearer. Wiil the Heron work OK on FSX with SP2.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

Ah.. I see. I'd have thought the Heron would work with SP2 but I note that Flight Replicas are at pains to point out...

Why do Flight Replicas aircraft stipulate the use of Acceleration, and not just SP2?

SP2 and Acceleration were developed by different teams within Microsoft. SP2 was a temporary fix to earlier problems within FSX, and Acceleration did the same fix but also supplied many more features to FSX and changed certain aircraft parameters, and in our opinion made it a more accurate and much better experience. As such, the code is different in each, which is why our newer aircraft aren't always suited to running with the older SP2.

I don't have an SP2 install these days so can't try it I'm afraid. If you bought it and it didn't 'fully' work.. you'd have a difficult job saying you didn't see the ACC clause so there'd be a small risk. I can't.. off the top of my head.. see what 'new' or different code the Heron might use that would mean it wouldn't work in SP2. It doesn't have sophisticated bomb-release systems or HUD's and isn't carrier-bourne but I guess without trying it on an SP2 system first.. you'd not know.

On this note.. it's worth trying to get hold of a copy of ACC before prices rise too high again. It was a snip at one point but as the popularity of FSX increases.. DVD's are becoming more scarce and the price is going up. Just look at a the cost of FSX deluxe now.. if you can find a copy that is! There's always the Steam version :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

A WOW is imminent...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... post961900

I may have to buy this after all !

:help: