DCS Update Oct 14

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

DCS Update Oct 14

Post by J0hn »

Hi Chaps

A bit of news from VEAO and ED on upcoming releases. First off, the A-4C and A-4m projects have been ditched due to Boeing - nee McDD wanting too much for the licence:
we have been in talks with McDonnell Douglas (A division of Boeing) regarding obtaining agreements for the A-4C and the A-4M Skyhawks.
Sadly the terms offered to us in exchange for the licence are not economically viable for the project to continue. Therefore we have to stop works on the Skyhawk and park the project indefinitely.
ED tell us they are releasing the much updated Su-27 next month (which was how the whole thing started in the late '90's with 'Flanker'). Flaming Cliffs 3 owners get the aircraft for nought.

They are also releasing the Bf-109E (yawn), a campaign for the Fw-190D-9 (still yawning...), the MiG-15bis (that's more like it!) and the Nevada map in mid-December. No word on a release date for the Straits of Hormuz map and though they talk about the huge update that will be DCS World v2 and the EDGE technology, they don't say when that is due, either.

They do say that after the German warbirds are out, they will concentrate on the Spitfire (see a picture of the model here: http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtop ... 10&t=27294 )

They are also due to release the Aero L-39 Albatros as an open beta, in December.

I do believe that the L-39 is what they plan to introduce the new multi-crew function with (so you'll be able to fly two-up in the Hawk :party: ).

However, as ever, don't count on anything. :worried:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: DCS Update Oct 14

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for that John. I used to have Flanker, but I had no idea it is the ancestor of all this. Yawning here too at the prospect of the 109 and 190, nor am I much interested in the Albatross ( unless you get wafers with it ).The Mig 15 however is a dead cert for me, to go with the F-86 Sabre, which I'm thoroughly enjoying learning. :) Keep the DCS news coming.