Earth Simulations gone!?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Earth Simulations gone!?

Post by DaveB »

Oh.. btw, there's a set of compatibility files available at ARM-Computers which are supposed to fix.. well.. compatibility issues :lol: While these were made to sort out incompatibility issues with 3rd party addons, they can also sort of compatibility issues between ES sceneries. By and large, I've found they move issues around rather than actually fixing them. Alderney is a good example. You may find you are a hangar missing, some vegetation and maybe even some hotels in the harbour. I installed the compat files and got everything back at first run but since then, a small patch of vegetation has gone missing again. Also.. I noticed soon after that some buildings on the IoS were roofs missing 8) This sort of thing always bugged ES scenery I'm afraid. To get the IoS, Alderney, Guernsey and the IoM running faultlessly is a bit like chasing the holy grail :lol:

If you can't find the files at ARM.. I can send you a copy ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Dave says:
Then.. look and see how many bits you've got missing :lol:

Reminds me of : "All those not present, please raise your hands" :doh:

And at primary school, I told the teacher "I've got a bit missing"
He replied: "No you don't"
And when I protested that I had, he said "If you've "got" it, it can't be missing" SMARTAR(MATURE)

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Tony also completed the unfinished ES Jersey. I have it and it's very good. Free from ARM.

:agree:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Did you get any of them working Ben?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Mate,

Been in work all day so haven't tried yet. I've just been doing some hard disk jiggery pokery and I'm currently moving my scenery drive which was a 256GB partition on an SSD to its own 500GB SSD. Then I'll need to move the FS Drive off to the USB backup device while I format that physical drive and move FS back. I got one of the M.2 drives, mainly o save space as the PC is a tiny Corsair cube thing, and it is bloody quick. I think the thing is that these newer Samsung SSD's don't have to emulate a SATA connection, so they can use the full force of the NVMe connection which is faster than SATA. Is it noticeably quicker on boot than the 850 SSD it replaced, not really. they are both under 5 seconds from post to logon. The interesting thing was the Samsung drive cloning software managed to clone the 270GB from the 850SSD to the new 960 M.2 in about 8 minutes. It was shifting at 250MB/s. :-O
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:-O

While I try and take that in.. give us a shout if you have any probs with the ES stuff (presuming it works the same in P3D as it does in FSX) ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

Uninstalled ESinstaller, disconnected from internet, and still get the same issue. If I click on install (or unlock) it prompts for the license key. I enter the key and nothing happens. It still shows as locked 😕

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. in that case, the problem lies with the vendor. Did you get them from Flightstore by any chance? There have been countless reports of ES software not working with the key supplied by Flightstore but they will send you an alternative if you email them. When you get a new key.. try the install exactly as before. The ESI you now have installed should be the one for the software you're trying to install so it should be ok. Just make sure you're disconnected from the internet ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah, rgr that mate. It's a key printed on the card inside, it was all sealed and above board. I'll drop them a note and see what happens.☺

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. I've no doubt it was sold in good faith and equally.. I'm not sure who was responsible for this happening. You can see why Flightstore have been selling ES stuff off on the cheap. They want rid :lol:

You should be ok with a different key but if not.. Flightstore will keep going until you are ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage