Aerosoft Lightning T5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Aerosoft Lightning T5

Post by DaveG »

For anyone who may be interested, looks like Aerosoft are developing a twin-tub Frightning.
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... ning-t4-5/ :rock:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Aerosoft Lightning T5

Post by DaveB »

I say!!! ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

That looks rather nice ! :thumbsup:

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

Hoefully in time for a stocking filler. :-)
Steve.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Always liked the twins more than the singles for some reason...

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Hmmmm, much as I like the look of the T-bird I'm not sure that I would actually spend money on it. I have the F3/F6 and they are unflyable in anything but clear blue skies with no wind. Having been stationed at Binbrook during the Lightning era I'm fairly sure that they could fly in bad weather :(

It was one of those aircraft that I had always wanted (so much that I even have the JF version), but with a flaky AP that made using the radar impossible and an inability to fly in anything but clear skies, it was something of a disappointment. Splashing out on a T-bird to join it on the virtual fire dump isn't very likely.

Pity
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

Pity, the AS Lightnings (and several other aircraft like the JF Hawk) do not like the seriously flawed FSX turbulence because the effect is way too exaggerated.
The fix is simple: Under Display Settings - WEATHER: Make sure "Disable turbulence and thermal effects on the aircraft" is flagged.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Henk, FSX turbulence has been disabled since FSX was installed, it's notoriously bad. I have also reduced turbulence effects in ASN and FSGRW when either of those is active. It still likes to jump around and drop a wing. I adjusted my joystick sensitivity as recommended in the forum yet the AP still disengages when I use the hat to move views. Could it be a problem unique to my system? Of course it could. Over the years I have learned that some aircraft won't work on some systems, despite the efforts of the support folks. The Level D 767 never liked my rig, despite their excellent support efforts.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Chris Sykes wrote:Always liked the twins more than the singles for some reason...
I agree Chris, and the same goes with the Hunter - for some reason I prefer the two seater. :)

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Paul K wrote:
Chris Sykes wrote:Always liked the twins more than the singles for some reason...
I agree Chris, and the same goes with the Hunter - for some reason I prefer the two seater. :)
Same again, same reason I like the Twin Typhoon and Jaguar. Think the Harrier could be the exception to the rule. :hide: