Milviz Stuka - FREE

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Milviz Stuka - FREE

Post by DaveB »

I sympathise with your plight Dave. The last thing a man of your obvious standing needs is to HAVE to go to the pub to get internet access :lol: You'll have to let us know exactly where you're staying so that us blokes can holiday up there and use the same excuse :cpu: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Well, at this precise moment I'm in the Moorcock Inn but we're staying about half a mile away.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It looks like a great place for a signal. Good choice mate :cheers:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Just had a thought (not in pub!) Those not getting the gauge to work, you have added the relevant info in the panel.cfg, and not just dropped the gauge into the folder?
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I don't suppose the landlord of The Moorcock was named Michael, was he ? One for us senior types there. ;)

Yes, I just dropped the xml file straight into the Ju-87D panel folder - nothing more. A big boy told me to do it. :worried:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's true.. I told him :lol:

On a slightly serious note.. I looked in my panel.cfg and couldn't see an entry for it. Now.. whether the Stuka I have installed is the same as the one I had installed when I got my sticky hands on the gauge is a different matter *-) If I have time to flash the old rig up before I go to work tomorrow.. I'll take a look. In fact.. I'll do it now before I go to bed :cpu:

EDIT: Sri fellas.. I found it on a previous install marked Flight Simulator XBC (the BC denotes Before Crash) 8)

Here's what ya need to get auto crew:
[Vcockpit01]
File=hell.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=400,400
visible=1
pixel_size=400,400
texture=$hell

gauge00=Milviz_Sound!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Milviz_JU 87G-2\\StukaXML_Sounds
gauge01=StukaD_gauges!guntimer, 0,0
gauge02=StukaD_gauges!spoiler, 4,4
gauge03=StukaD_gauges!trigger1, 5,5,00,00
gauge04=DGStuka!init, 5,5,00,00 <----------- add this line
:thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Cheers, Dave B - I'll have a look at that tomorrow, when I have a day off. I'll also have another search for that 'fuel relay on right hand bulkhead' of which you speak. While I can get the Stuka up to take-off speed, the engine seems to be cutting in and out, going by the sound effects. Haven't found the relay yet, but at least it's making me look round the cockpit and discover where everything is, which is something I do about as often as I read the manual.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

All fixed and working now, ta very much, Messrs. G and B. The Stuka's a nice model, and is pretty undemanding to fly, so I'll practice circuits at Duxford in it - the latest warbird addition there ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Glad it's sorted. :thumbsup:

Most awkward thing about the Stuka is the vis out I think. There's a hell of a lot of glass there but you don't see a great deal through it :lol: Did you get the swastika versions in the freebie or the politically correct ones (or both)? Someone has mentioned that not all the paints from the release version come with the freebie but I couldn't confirm that one way or the other :dunno:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

In the freebie you get 5 D paints and 3 G paints. They are all 'historically' correct rather than 'politically' correct.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.