Prepard3D v4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Prepard3D v4

Post by Filonian »

Henk Schuitemaker wrote:
03 Jun 2017, 17:37
Filonian wrote:
03 Jun 2017, 16:40
Which Tornados are those please Henk?

Graham
Those are the FMAI FS9 models which I converted to native FSX format. The MAIW crew wants to convert their old FS9 AI packages so they can work in P3Dv4. The HTAI C-130's and JBAI P-3's are already available in native FSX format.

Henk.

Cheers for that Henk. I tried them at Leeming and they appeared without wings or gear.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

DaveG wrote:
03 Jun 2017, 16:22
Nice to know the important stuff still works. :lol:
Indeed Dave...! ;)

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

:lol: Yep, all my FSX native stuff seems to work fine, with the expected exception of the custom sounds in the Auster.

The new SDK opens up some interesting features, such as modifying material settings and textures on the fly via a LUA script.
Looks like VC rain effects are possible once again, indeed there is a "PrecipWindshieldEffect.lua" script already present in the P3d scripts folder, and textures in the texture folder. :)
Just got to figure out how to use them. :lol:
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

DaveG wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 12:25
The new SDK opens up some interesting features, such as modifying material settings and textures on the fly via a LUA script.
Looks like VC rain effects are possible once again, indeed there is a "PrecipWindshieldEffect.lua" script already present in the P3d scripts folder, and textures in the texture folder. :)
Might this precipitate (Pun! Get it?!) upgrades to your existing fleet Dave? Seems you're intimating such? I'm sure you know how enthusiast I'd be for upgraded (inc. TacPack-ed) Hunters... :thumbsup:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I ran the AI ships Rick made years ago through Model ConverterX last night, and no more sim crashes with my AI shipping. I've done the same with the SRN2 and 4, but need to make new routes for these, so can't test them yet.
I tried the same tak with the Argosy, but while the sim doesn't crash, the rear door is embedded half way along the fuselage, and the props don't spin. 😁
I'll try it with the 1-11 Etc tonight out of curiosity. All of my SketchUp stuff seems to work though 😲
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Well a first run of simply pushing them through MCX doesn't really do it. The PAD 360 works best (i'm using these for AI by the way, not flyable models) but the props don't turn. The others look something like this :-O

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Bjoern's already converted the 1-11 to FSX native. Have a look at SimOuthouse here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... SX-Upgrade

Also, make sure you're using the latest MCX Ben. Arno made some changes which help with those sort of animation problems.
Dave G.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

I'm hoping if Bjoern is a really bored he will do my HS748 and Argosy next :poke:

Come on Bjoern :hide:

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

DaveG wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 12:25
:lol: Yep, all my FSX native stuff seems to work fine, with the expected exception of the custom sounds in the Auster.

You can also use LUA scripts in an XML gauge to play custom sounds which might be a way to fix the issue with the Auster.
I mean I've read all the new stuff in the SDK, I haven't tried to implement any of them yet!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yes, I saw that but haven't tried it yet. Figured if Doug Dawson updates his gauge then it will save me bother. :lol: May look into it anyway.

I've got VC rain sort of working on a test model using the lua script to swap textures but I still need to figure out the best material settings as it's barely visible at the moment.
Dave G.