Oculus Rift in crazy sale: Now is the time to try VR!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Oculus Rift in crazy sale: Now is the time to try VR!

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Well I took the plunge and purchased a new PC purely so I could run VR with the Oculus Rift.
This is quite a financial outlay justified because my second PC needed an upgrade anyway being 10 years old.
So the `home` gets my current simming (gaming :-) ) computer and I get a nice new one :Dance:

I purchased a top end 4.2 ghz Quad Core with ssd's. A 1070 GPU (the 1080 is just too expensive and probably will be too old by the time 4k VFR comes out) and 16gb RAM. I added an extra 4 3.0 USB connections which was wise as the Rift and HOTAS necessary for FSX uses all of them. Make sure that you have a USB 3.0 near to the GPU as one cable from the rift needs HDMI and USB 3.0 and the USB 3.0 aint very long.

I haven't tried VFR with PrePar 3D V4 yet (as I'm skint) however the games that come supplied can only be described as `totally awesome`.
Completely immersive and amazing wow factor.
In Elite Dangerous when lifting off from a planet I actually got vertigo due to the sense of height (I'm not very good with heights).
I also get scared when up high in games.

I'll give it 9 - 10. Needs 4k for just that extra clarity of images in the headset.