JustFlights next project

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: JustFlights next project

Post by spatialpro »

OK, I'm convinced enough to want to buy it, despite still having a great time with the IRIS product in VR in P3D4.

However, it'll be frustrating to have an operating bomb bay, Blue Steel etc. and not be able to operate the aircraft (i.e. so much more than merely fly it). I'd pay more for an upgrade which included a full Nav Radar, functional H2S, weapons etc. etc..... but then you knew that already! ;)

Just my 2p!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

delta558
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delta558 »

Nigel H-J wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 15:21

so it appears that one will be able to transfer the fuel around to maintain correct C of G, sounds really good.
That is the plan, though there are far more tanks than FS can cope with. I'm not sure how it will be coded, but I'd imagine it will be individual tanks in their groupings rather than just the four wing groups and two fuselage tanks. Oh, and the bomb bay tanks, both cylindrical and saddle ('A' and 'E'). In essence, the fuel tray should work as intended in the real thing and that means that if I do my bit right you should be able to tip it on it's tail through poor fuel management :lol:

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

And you know that each and every one of us will do that, just for the hell of it. :lol:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

the fuel tray should work as intended in the real thing and that means that if I do my bit right you should be able to tip it on it's tail through poor fuel management :lol:
It will be very interesting to see how it all works out Paul though can imagine that there will be a lot of work in it to get it to work.

I heard a story when stationed at RAF Scampton that a Vulcan was being de-fuelled prior to going into a hanger for a major service. The de-fuelling was started and after some time the nose wheel was seen to leave the ground and before they realised what was happening, the Vulcan sat up on its' tail!! I would think the crew chief got a lot of stick for that.

On occasions I used to refuel the Vulcans at night and we had one POL storeman who would come with us so we could load up with more aviation fuel from the bunkers. One of these bunkers, according to the storeman, was allegedly haunted and he was petrified of the place. :OB: When I had taken on a full load of fuel the other tanker driver then turned to me and said "When mine is loaded we'll drive off and let him think were leaving without him" Bearing in mind that the lights would be switched off after loading and it was pitch black we both started to move towards the taxiway....the poor guy came running as fast as he could screaming his head off for us to stop. I really felt guilty as he was in hell of a state thinking that we were going to leave him there.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.