Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Roger
Comet
Comet

Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Post by Roger »

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Post by GHD »

$43 :-#
George

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I agree with all of the above; lovely but pricey. I'll be interested to hear how it flies.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I would be interested in the complexity, do you need to complete a masters theses like you would for PMDG or just an O-level like the JustFlight F-Light.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

11 plus from Gorbals High. :cheers:
Alex

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I've gotta say I reckon that for the number of models/variants (10, not least the fire fighter and air ferry), the detail and the complexity I reckon $43 (~ £33) is a really good deal, especially when compared to some other products. If I were into this type of aircraft I'd gladly part with my cash. As it is I may still be persuaded anyway, 'cos it seems so good!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I bought it specifically because I've wanted a decent Carvair for ages...and I'm weak! I wasn't really interested in the other models, but after toying with them all for a while I'm surprised at how much I've come to enjoy the other variants as well. The selection and breadth of exteriors and VCs are quite impressive, and they're all well done and have a convincing heavy "feel" in the sim. Definitely a lot of value for the money. My only minor quibble so far are the sounds. Others have raved about them, but on my system they sounded somewhat hollow, so I replaced them with a decent freeware P&W sound pack. Of course, sounds are subjective...so it could just be my speakers or my ears...both of which have seen better days.
I would be interested in the complexity, do you need to complete a masters theses like you would for PMDG or just an O-level like the JustFlight F-Light.
Master's thesis not required! It can be a ctrl+E aircraft if desired. The most complex parts of these planes aren't simulated - such as the fuel crossfeed system and the period-correct avionics for the older variants - but there's still enough meat on the bone to keep things interesting. There are also some comprehensive takeoff/climb/cruise power and fuel planning charts included, in both MS Excel and jpeg formats. These are a nice touch if you like to attempt to fly 'by the book'. The manual is available for free download as well: http://flight-replicas.com/DC-4_Home.htm

Since we're approaching the holidays I suppose there's a chance this model might be on sale within the next few months...so if you're on the fence about purchasing, waiting might be a good option, too.
Mark

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

FYI this bird is currently 50% off in the Memorial Day sales... I only just realised, with less than 24hrs remaining for most sales! Phew!

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro