JF Meatbox; worth a tenner?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

JF Meatbox; worth a tenner?

Post by spatialpro »

So, this week's Just Flight subscriber offer is 50% of the Gloster Meteor F8 & FR9 i.e. just £10. Does anyone already have it? Would you recommend it?

I'm still hesitating due to:

1) I still reckon the shape of the nose is dodgy
2) no TacPack integration

... but if existing users are emphatic in their praise I may still go for it...

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: JF Meatbox; worth a tenner?

Post by DaveG »

I don't have that one, but probably worth a tenner I'd have thought. *-) I thought there was a demo for that but looking on the JF website I couldn't see one. :dunno:
Dave G.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I bought it at full price and it's not bad at all, although I realise that isn't very emphatic :lol:

The panel is pretty good, and it seems to fly well, but how realistic it is I haven't a clue. It's a nice bird to jump into when you have 30 minutes to mess around.

Is it worth a tenner? Certainly.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Many thanks for the replies chaps.

I'm still sitting on the fence. If it were going for £5 I'd just think "What the hell" and go for it. At £10 I hesitate.

I like fighter jets of this era, and RAF at that (although FAA is ALWAYS preferable of course!)... but for me that niche is already filled by the Milviz F-86 Sabre, which is an FS product par excellence... an 11-out-of-10 in my estimation... and it is integrated with TacPack!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Don't know if this comes too late, but my computer was being checked out for strange behaviour; unfortunately, the techies couldn't repeat the problem.

I, too, bought the Meteor at full price. Unlike you, I wouldn't know whether the nose shape was dodgy or not. I bought it for nostalgic reasons, as I generally fly GA. If I want to shoot something, there's always the combat sims, which I haven't used for years. You could repaint as an FAA example, and even without a visible tail hook, you could probably tell the .cfg that there is one. Ten quid, for a rich bloke like you? Why not buy it?!