Just Flight VC-10

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: Just Flight VC-10

Post by alemaobaiano »

I've just seen that it requires Acceleration or above, so that's my credit card safe again.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

alemaobaiano wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 18:08
I've just seen that it requires Acceleration or above, so that's my credit card safe again.

TTFN
It'd be worth trying the demo when that is available, as we don't officially support FSX SP2 due to it not being thoroughly tested on that platform. It may in fact work OK but we can't guarantee it.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I think I'll try the demo out - thanks for giving us that opportunity, Martyn. :thumbsup:

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Thanks for the info Martyn, I'll wait for the demo and give it a whirl.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

VC10 Jetliner SP v1.1 is now available - https://www.justflight.com/support/vc10 ... er/1840aa4

Changes include:
  • Pitot heat fixed
  • Smoke effect on takeoff added
  • Contrails added
  • Improvements to fuel transfer/crossfeed system
  • Multiplayer CTD fix
Thanks
Martyn

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Martyn,

I kinda brought this up in the JustFlight Forum, but one nagging concern from watching a few videos on the VC10 with the engine fan animation specifically.

From the videos, it appears you have the Inlet Guide Vanes (IVGs) spinning for at least part of the startup and from the official video at low idle, however it seems they stop spinning once you get off the idle stop. While I understand this may be to show an "optical illusion" of the fan spinning behind the IGVs at low speed, I can tell you from standing in front of both Conway and Spey starts, there is no such illusion in real life. If anything, it's hard to tell that the engine is starting when looking at a clean engine because the fan blades are so wide with such small gaps that it appears as if the fan isn't moving. Additionally, what I could see in the videos makes it look like you have the engines spinning counter-clockwise, which would also be incorrect for the Conway and Spey.

Can you clarify for me?

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Hi Chris,

I replied to your post on our forum earlier today but just to confirm here too, I've asked the modeller to take a look and any corrections should be quick to sort.

Thanks
Martyn

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Thanks Martyn!

I only bring it up because it's one my little "pet peeves" with airplanes because you get all the people who ask why the IGV's aren't spinning on airplanes that have them (like the HJG 707, various DC-9s and 737-200s) which is understandable because people simply haven't seen airplanes with IGVs, but to see airplanes with IGVs and they spin, it only spreads this misunderstanding of how the older engines, especially the early low-bypass turbofans, work.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Chris Trott wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 23:09
Thanks Martyn!

I only bring it up because it's one my little "pet peeves" with airplanes because you get all the people who ask why the IGV's aren't spinning on airplanes that have them (like the HJG 707, various DC-9s and 737-200s) which is understandable because people simply haven't seen airplanes with IGVs, but to see airplanes with IGVs and they spin, it only spreads this misunderstanding of how the older engines, especially the early low-bypass turbofans, work.
That's odd. I thought they'd been sorted very early on; they were brought up months ago in the initial (I think very first) "test" release. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

VC10 Demo now out just downloading. Limited to 3000ft and 10 minutes flying time. Might just be enough to do a circuit but enough time to get the feel of it.

https://www.justflight.com/demos

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.