Just Flight VC-10

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Just Flight VC-10

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the HU Nigel. I'll have to give that a try. :)
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks Nigel, just grabbed it and about to give it a try. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Gave it two 10 minutes flight and from that it does appear to be very very good, in fact excellent. Long time since I last flew DM's VC10 but am sure that it handles no differently :welldone:

Pity it is only ten minutes though, I would have prefered a 1000 - 2000ft height limit and no time limit as the Canberra but beggars can't be choosers, a few more sessions to be done over the next month until end of January then I will certainly be purchasing this VC10. Too many other commitments at the moment but this is something to really look forward to.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A qualified 'thumbs up' from me too. it certainly handles like a large aircraft, in fact it's a lot slower to respond than aircraft of a similar size such as the CS Boeing 707, and even larger ones such as the old PMDG MD-11. Maybe a tad too lumbering for such a graceful plane ? I don't know - looks don't necessarily equate to performance. The VC is very good, I can imagine myself spending hours in there. Sound effects are very good. All in all, it looks to be a winner.

But...JF, can you maybe extend the demo timer a little ? For such an aircraft, there's barely enough time to do a circuit before the clock runs down, and you end up rushing it. 10 minutes is okay for a Cessna in a tight circuit, but not with this big aircraft. Please ?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Tried the demo. VC is really nice, one of the best from AH. External looks good, but something seems a bit "off". Can't put my finger on what though. Maybe it's because I'm more used to the longer Supers. :dunno: Handling seems OK as far as I can tell in the short demo time. Not delved into systems, again mainly due to the short demo time limit.
I'll probably wait for the RAF / Super expansion before buying, but it does look to be a winner. :) :thumbsup:
Dave G.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

DaveG wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 19:34
Tried the demo. VC is really nice, one of the best from AH. External looks good, but something seems a bit "off". Can't put my finger on what though. Maybe it's because I'm more used to the longer Supers. :dunno: Handling seems OK as far as I can tell in the short demo time. Not delved into systems, again mainly due to the short demo time limit.
I'll probably wait for the RAF / Super expansion before buying, but it does look to be a winner. :) :thumbsup:
I think AH and JF should be justifiably proud of the VC. You could say they've been subjected to 6 months of "nit-picking" to get it as good as it can be in a sim environment. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I purchased the VC-10 and took her for my first long VA flight in it last weekend, EGLL to Dubai. So far I am very happy with it but the autopilot is getting some use to, it clicked off several times on me in flight and getting it to go back to its settings again is finicky. You basically have to turn everything off and then turn them back on in the right order for it to work again. I miss the one in DM's VC10 where the auto-throttle controlled the climb rate instead of the throttles themselves and it does not have the auto-land feature, maybe the pro version will have that.

I should be posting some pics soon.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Within the limits of the demo I haven't found anything that doesn't work due to the lack of FSX Acceleration, it seems to run well in plain old SP2. Of course there may be hidden traps outside the demo limits, but so far so good.

The VC looks great, and the FE position holds promise for the Pro version when that comes out. Like a few others I'll be waiting for the RAF/Pro version before taking the plunge, but it has earned it's place on the waiting list.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

the autopilot is getting some use to, it clicked off several times on me in flight
Entirely realistic!
and getting it to go back to its settings again is finicky. You basically have to turn everything off and then turn them back on in the right order for it to work again.
Ditto!
I miss the one in DM's VC10 where the auto-throttle controlled the climb rate instead of the throttles themselves
Ah, but if it did that, it would be unrealistic. Autothrottles for approach only. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

If anyone's in the "haven't got round to buying it yet" category, please check out my post in E&S. The ZD241 team, courtesy of Martyn et al at Just Flight, are giving away a copy. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]