Just Flight VC-10

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Just Flight VC-10

Post by Aharon »

For 39 bucks, it did not even include military version and oil tanker version!!!!

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Well, Christmas came early today! :excited:

As one who was particularly worried by and vocal about the early screen shots, I have to say this is one of the best payware aircraft I have bought in a while. Value for money is exceptional, the beautiful promotional video says it all, and the accuracy of the model is even slightly better than the One Eleven IMHO. My only critique is that the nose wheel is far too large compared to the real thing, and the aircraft doesn't sit nose down - I really hope this is corrected in a future update. (AH shot me down when I raised concerns a while back).

I recall a note in the early development stages saying that the Super and other variants wouldn't be released, so to read they are due in 2018 is an extra bonus.

Taking her for a quick spin, I found the handling to be great, an exceptionally stable model and very easy to fly manually. The ground effect from those huge wings will take some mastering and I haven't tried any systems yet - it'll be a fun weekend for sure!

Martyn, if you are reading this, sorry I haven't had time to reply on the textures, but too late now! The paint kit looks a little unfriendly but I look forward to trying my hand at BUA/BCAL, MEA and Air Malawi soon.

:welldone: on a great initial release. Bring on the Vanguard and Trident 2 &3!!! I'm writing to Santa to see if JF can update the Viscount with P3Dv4 compatibility and sort out the handling of the One Eleven (waiting nearly 6 months, now! :help: ).

Karl

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Is this an Aeroplane Heaven model, or has it been done by Just Flight's in-house team ?

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I think its an Aeroplane heaven model as its shown on there website. Thanks for the good review Karl, I think i will probably get it this weekend.

Its unfortunate that we will have to wait for super/raf models, but I suspect if everyone waits nobody buys the first release there may not be a second release.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

delta558
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delta558 »

It's a joint effort, similar to the Hunter - Aeroplane Heaven provide the base and then the in-house team add some 'bits'. From the product page:
Following the success of our F-Lite (highly detailed but simplified systems) and Professional (study sim, complex systems) product ranges, the Jetliner range was introduced to offer aircraft that sit between these two ranges.
As has been noted already, there will be a 1151/4 model and RAF versions at this level and also a Pro version (much more work from the in-house team) next year,
Existing owners of VC10 Jetliner will be eligible for a discounted price when purchasing VC10 Professional.
Aeroplane Heaven have really gone to town on this build; just to give one example, almost every switch in the entire flight deck is clickable (though much functionality, particularly with regard to the FE panels, will have to wait for the Pro version). You wouldn't believe the discussions that went on behind the scenes regarding the lever which gives the ability to split the slats and flaps, something that our VC10 pilot described as unnecessary for all but the most hardcorest simmers, and even then . . . !

Hope that gives you an idea of where it's at,
Paul.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the information Paul.
Do you know at this stage of the Pro will be an expansion / upgrade, or a separate item? I don't want to buy now if I have to re-buy when the Pro is released. Also, will the RAF expansion be compatible with the PRO?
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

It looks lovely, but based on the above info, I think I'll wait for the Super / RAF / PRO ones and see how the whole range pans out. In the meantime, I hope it's a success for JF and AH.

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Hi all,

Just a quick post to clarify a few things:

The Super/RAF Expansion Pack will be a payable expansion (a bit like our livery packs in the past) for VC10 Jetliner and Pro edition. The price (yet to be confirmed) will fairly reflect the amount of work that is involved in modelling and coding these extra variants, whilst taking into account the commonality with the existing Standard variant. The current plan is for the expansion to be released before the Pro edition, but it will work with both versions and you won’t need to purchase it twice.

The Pro edition will be a new/standalone product as it will have significant differences to the Jetliner edition, as well as serving a different market. As with our L-1011 Tristar, there will be a discount for existing owners of the Jetliner edition when purchasing the Pro edition. You will simply pay the difference between the Jetliner and Pro edition, so it won’t cost you any more to purchase and use the Jetliner edition whilst you wait for the Pro edition to be available next year.

This aircraft was a collaboration between the dev teams at Aeroplane Heaven and Just Flight, with our in-house team providing various custom-coded systems/features. Aeroplane Heaven have done a fantastic job with the model as I’m sure you can see from the screenshots and video, and we are confident that the level of systems functionality/complexity will keep you all busy and entertained.

A demo should be available shortly.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the clarification Martyn.
It looks to be a good model. Hope it does well for you.
I'll probably pick it up on payday. :)
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Brilliant news to hear that it is now out, will be buying this in the New Year and looking forward to it.

Think it is now time to raise glasses to Just Flight and the Dev teams at Aeroplane Heaven for their work in bringing this classic aircraft into FSX and P3D. :cheers: Not also to forget one member of the Beta Testing Team who is stationed near where I live but I was not allowed to mention him for confidential reasons. :-# but I am sure that he will reveal himself at some future point.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.