You wait years for a DHC-3 Otter...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

You wait years for a DHC-3 Otter...

Post by Paul K »

...and yes, two arrive at the same time.
'
Aeroplane Heaven released theirs through Just Flight a few weeks ago:

https://www.justflight.com/product/dhc3-otter

Milviz has just released theirs:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC3/index.php

It's early days, but I'll be interested to see how the two compare and which one comes out on top with the flight simming community. After the slightly troubled release of A.H.s C-46 ( I do love it now it's flyable ! ), I'm veering towards the Milviz product. However, the A.H. Otter looks better, though I can't put my finger on exactly why - textures maybe ? VC detail ? More study of screenshots required.

Any thoughts, chaps?

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: You wait years for a DHC-3 Otter...

Post by blanston12 »

I'm interested in the comparisons also. I have the Milviz Beaver and like it. I also tried the free demo from JF and was not ready to buy, the plane looked great but compared to the DHC-2 the Otter flies like a truck, but from what I read that is realistic.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Haven't gotten much time with the MilViz Otter yet, but just by sounds and looks, it's the better one by a good margin. Has another massive paint kit (1.1gb), but I'm sure it'll be good once I finish downloading it in a few hours (their end, not mine) since it was the same guy who did the DHC-2 paint kit.

I'll post a few screen grabs once I get done with the WestWind repaint.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for that Chris - yes, some screenshots would be appreciated. At the moment, it seems people are gravitating towards the Milviz model, though judging by the Just Flight forum, the few faults with Aeroplane Heaven's one have been rectified pretty quickly. The Otter is an aircraft that's right up my street, so I shall ruminate further.