WIP: Flight Replicas Halifax

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

WIP: Flight Replicas Halifax

Post by mgchristy »

According to a post over at SOH, Mike is working on a HP Halifax as his next project:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... FR-Halifax
Mark

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: WIP: Flight Replicas Halifax

Post by Paul K »

Pinching myself !

I hope to goodness he does the C. Mk VIII as well as the B.Mk III. Take the turrets off, add the cargo pannier and some windows, and that's about it. I hope Mike visits here - I can help out with photos and drawings, and pilots notes if needs be

mikecyul
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by mikecyul »

Hi Paul, I'm here. :)

Thanks for your interest, and the offer to help. Much appreciated.

I have the pilot's notes for all Halifax versions, and I'm ok for all exterior dimensions at this point. However, if you have any drawings for smaller components, such things as the instrument panel(s), pilot's seat and the like, I'd be very happy to see those. I'm most interested in colour photos, particularly when it comes to nose art, and the markings of the aircraft it pertains to. At present I've managed to gather some 500 images pertaining to the Halifax and it's parts, but precious few are in original colour.

Mike

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Mike ! :)

Sounds like you have most of what's available. However, I shall zip up everything I have and send it to you, including some Handley Page stuff that might interest you. Give me a few days to put it together - I can scan some stuff into pdf format too.

Further to my post above, is there the possibility of the C. Mk.VIII ? A number of small airfreight outfits used them just after the war, and there's the potential for some good repaints.

Whatever you decide, this is an absolute certain purchase for me. I've wanted a new Halifax for a long time, and will be following developments very closely. :)

mikecyul
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by mikecyul »

Paul, many thanks, and looking forward very much to your info. And to answer the question, yes, a Halston is indeed in the cards.

Mike

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

:hello: Welcome to the forum, Mike!
You're going to be a popular fellow!
Looking forward to seeing your Halifaxes. :thumbsup:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Looking forward to this one Mike. The preview pics look great so far. :)
Dave G.

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

Return of the Red Eagle?!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

mikecyul wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 18:18
Hi Paul, I'm here. :)

Thanks for your interest, and the offer to help. Much appreciated.

I have the pilot's notes for all Halifax versions, and I'm ok for all exterior dimensions at this point. However, if you have any drawings for smaller components, such things as the instrument panel(s), pilot's seat and the like, I'd be very happy to see those. I'm most interested in colour photos, particularly when it comes to nose art, and the markings of the aircraft it pertains to. At present I've managed to gather some 500 images pertaining to the Halifax and it's parts, but precious few are in original colour.

Mike

Mike, welcome to CBFS and a huge apology for inviting you here! :lol: What I mean is...I was convinced you were already a member of this forum when I contacted you at SOH. Had I known that you weren't, I would have set my feelings concerning SOH aside and talked to you there. As Airspeed says - you are going to be very popular here, though of course your reputation as a renowned developer preceded you.

I'm hunting round the place for stuff that might be of use to you, and from what you say above concerning nose art, may I ask if you have a copy of Warpaint Series No. 46: Handley Page Halifax ? I have a copy up in the loft somewhere and I'll dig it out if you need it.

mikecyul
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by mikecyul »

Well, I was indeed a member previously (see Heron thread...), but the previous email I'd used is no longer in use, couldn't sign in and so had to register again. :)

I've seen the Warpaint issue, and have gleaned what can be used. Very nice edition!