An-2 from Aerosoft

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

An-2 from Aerosoft

Post by JohnWillimas »

Aerosoft just released their new Antonov AN2. The question is, is there enough in this to warrant an upgrade from my ageing Sibwings bird????

So far only a P3D version available at $35.99 / Euro 30.20

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/prep ... tonov-an-2

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: An-2 from Aerosoft

Post by Paul K »

And only P3D v4 at that. They say a 32-bit version is forthcoming. Not sure if I'll ever buy it, but one thing's for certain - you can't go far wrong with an Aerosoft model. :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Not one for me I'm afraid. I had the Sibwings model but only flew it a handful of times. One of the few addons I regret buying. :(
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave, was there anything in particular about the Sibwings one that you didn't like, or was it just a general thing ? I have considered getting it in the past.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Just personal taste Paul. It's an excellent model, just too slow and complicated for me. :lol:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yes, a bit slow getting from A to B, isn't it. In fact, in a stiff headwind you probably go from A back to Z. The fun starts with the STOL landings into small strips, but it takes so bloody long getting there. I saw one flying at Duxford a few years back and even in the light breeze, it was almost a static exhibit. :lol:

ggi
Meteor
Meteor

Post by ggi »

It's a solid add-on - I really like it. The work involved in getting it airborne isn't for everyone but the short field performance is amazing, apart from where I landed without the air resevoir having enough brake pressure and ran through a fence at the end of the runway.... B-)
Not for your casual Ctrl-E pilots, but it does have that option. Suggest starting with the Polish version - at least the switches are written in English!! Its actually an improvement on the Sibwings and comes with customer support too!!!

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

The FS-X version is available now but I'm still not sure if I'm going to retire my Sibwings version in favour of this.... :dunno:
https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/prep ... tonov-an-2

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Used to have an An-2 in FS2004; now deleted, and I can't recall who made it.
All I have now is Gary Jones' sound file in my "Power" folder.