JF/AH Stinson L5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

JF/AH Stinson L5

Post by Swanoir »

Hello all!

Bought the Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven Stinson today and thought I'd give you a quick summary of my initial thoughts.
Handling feels great, having never flown a real one I couldn't possibly comment on the realism, but it feels 'right' to me! The tailwheel is steerable so ground handling is a doddle.
Textures inside and out are very nice. I like the little individual touches such as the mud-caked tyres on the RAF scheme. Animations such as the tie-downs and covers are nice, as is the option to take off the engine cowling.
Concessions to modernity in the cockpit (a big plus for lazy flyers like me) include Nav and ADF radios and the default GPS. Also, although not visually modelled, it does have a 'secret' working autopilot if you have keys/buttons assigned to the AP functions as I do.
Being a simple aircraft, there's not a huge amount to it, but at a sensible price (£16.99) I personally think it's a good buy for a solid quality addon, perfectly suited for low and slow flying. I'm certainly having a lot of fun with it anyway! :thumbsup:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JF/AH Stinson L5

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for the review - I must say, from the screenshots, it does look quite nice. It'll have to go on the 'One day, maybe' list because I've got too many under-used aircraft at the moment. Good to hear a 'users' thoughts on it, though. :thumbsup:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: JF/AH Stinson L5

Post by blanston12 »

Yes, very good review Swanoir.

Will add it to my list for the next time JF does a big sale. Like Paul I have many under-used aircraft, and having just picked up the similar GAS PA-18 in the holiday sales don't have a requirement for it right now.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.