JustFlight 1-11 and 748

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

JustFlight 1-11 and 748

Post by Bjoern »

I've got a few JF points in the bank and these have been on my list for quite a while.

What's the verdict on these now that they've received a few upgrades?

Framerates, memory consumption, good things, bad things, etc...

I've heard that the FDE has a few quirks, so does anybody run the payware model with the FDE from the freeware counterpart?

(Yes, I know that there are the release threads for these birds, but I'm a bit afraid of digging them up.)

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Re: JustFlight 1-11 and 748

Post by PaulC »

Hello,

In my opinion, the versions available from Rick Piper and Dave Maltby are FAR superior.
The 748 isn't that bad but the 1-11 is awful. They both suffer from over-vivid cockpits with no realistic colours or effects.
The systems are better on the freeware ones, and the handling also.

I aren't a fan of JF for this very reason. The old ones are better- stick with them.

I don't see why we should pay for a product and then use freeware FDE's etc to make them work.

Save your money/points.

Paul

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

I've spent quite a few hours converting DM's 1-11 models for FSX, but there are quite a few (visual) glitches left that I'd essentially have to start over using a proper modeling tool instead of ModelConverter. Which would open the inevitable "lets improve this" (e.g. 3D switches) can of worms, which would yield a neverending and ultimately dead project.
Same for RP's 748. Converting the models, checking the code for FSX compliance, adding switch sounds, adding a storage system for L: vars, etc., etc.

I figure the payware birds can be kind of a shortcut to save me from the model-related and some of the code work.
But if they require a brush up in the systems department, I'd also have to pump in some man hours. Not good.

Thanks for the input.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have both, the 748 is definitely better than the 1-11. The 1-11 has been plagued by systems issues, first was the horrible autopilot then FDE issues. In comparison the 748 has been trouble free.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

PaulC wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 10:42
In my opinion, the versions available from Rick Piper and Dave Maltby are FAR superior.
The 748 isn't that bad but the 1-11 is awful. They both suffer from over-vivid cockpits with no realistic colours or effects.
The systems are better on the freeware ones, and the handling also.

I aren't a fan of JF for this very reason. The old ones are better- stick with them.

I don't see why we should pay for a product and then use freeware FDE's etc to make them work.

Save your money/points.

Paul
That is why I am too scared to buy anything from JustFlight!! I wish I have their HS48 and BAE146s!!! Their JF VC-10s do not even look impressive in exterior appearance!!!! So JF BAC1-11s too. Exterior appearance is important for me.

Regards,

Aharon

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Appearance isn't all that important as long as the overall impression is consistent and the modeling and texturing is efficient. HD textures inside and out are in fact are a huge turnoff because you never get close enough to require that sort of detail and it's just a waste of memory - at least in airliners.

All of my payware purchases (except for some tools) have been made at JustFlight and the team is excellent when it comes to support. I also got refunds/conversion to points on two purchases because of an unnecessarily complicated third party copy protection system (none of JF's own aircraft, mind you) and low framerates.

So while some add-ons may not be keepers, I will definitely buy from them again in the future.

blanston12 wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 18:33
I have both, the 748 is definitely better than the 1-11. The 1-11 has been plagued by systems issues, first was the horrible autopilot then FDE issues. In comparison the 748 has been trouble free.
How's the framerate?

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Bjoern wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 22:59
Appearance isn't all that important as long as the overall impression is consistent and the modeling and texturing is efficient. HD textures inside and out are in fact are a huge turnoff because you never get close enough to require that sort of detail and it's just a waste of memory - at least in airliners.

All of my payware purchases (except for some tools) have been made at JustFlight and the team is excellent when it comes to support. I also got refunds/conversion to points on two purchases because of an unnecessarily complicated third party copy protection system (none of JF's own aircraft, mind you) and low framerates.

So while some add-ons may not be keepers, I will definitely buy from them again in the future.

blanston12 wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 18:33
How's the framerate?
For me they are not bad, but I am not that fussy about it. As long as it does not drop below 30 I really don't care much. It's been a few weeks since I loaded up either aircraft and don't remember many issues framerate wise. I will try them again and hopefully be able to report back this week.
Joe Cusick,

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

blanston12 wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 01:54
For me they are not bad, but I am not that fussy about it. As long as it does not drop below 30 I really don't care much. It's been a few weeks since I loaded up either aircraft and don't remember many issues framerate wise. I will try them again and hopefully be able to report back this week.
That would be nice.

Can you compare the framerate to, say, a default aircraft?

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

My issues are with the systems too. Things don't work as they should or indeed at all. Which developer launches a product where the autopilot doesn't work?? Answer- JF and the 1-11.

Paul

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Here are the results of my tests.

The Setup:
i7-7820HK
32GB Ram
1TB SSD (P3D and Scenery)
2TB HDD (Aircraft)
GTX 1080
P3D V4.1 Graphics options at max but Traffic Off
ORBX Global/Vector/Europe/England Installed.

Parked on runway at EGJJ

The Results:
Baron 58 Int(60-70) Ext(80-90)
BAE 1-11-500 Int(45-50) Ext(70-80)
HS 748 Int(38-45) Ext(58-65)
Joe Cusick,