Rex Sky Force 3D.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Rex Sky Force 3D.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just seen this is now on sale at Just Flight and wondering whether any-one has taken the plunge and purchased it.

From the video it looks to be very good even though it requires a lot of disc space. I am thinking seriously of buying this sometime next month so would be grateful for any input from any-one who has bought it and also the effect on frame rates.

https://www.justflight.com/product/rex-sky-force-3d

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Rex Sky Force 3D.

Post by simondix »

I am using it in P3Dv4 and I have not noticed any difference except when the weather is updating. On my low end machine I get a few stuuters.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Rex left me behind ages ago. I can't fathom out which add-ons are obsolete, which ones replaced the old ones, which add-on complements another one, or how recent releases improve upon earlier ones. The techno-babble product descriptions were never of much help either. Great company, with truly excellent customer support, but a product range that leaves me baffled.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks Simon, now another question regarding REX Sky Force 3D. I have seen the videos but is it notably much better than before?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

davem
Meteor
Meteor

Post by davem »

It's got me baffled as well Paul.

I've been on the lookout for a real-time weather engine to support REX and now it seems to be here so really need to know if I now can ditch Soft Clouds and REX Essentials plus Overdrive in favour of this one.

Anyone's knowledge of this situation would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Dave

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

It is a difficult question to answer as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman