Just Flight 1-11 update

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Just Flight 1-11 update

Post by JohnD »

HU - Just Flight have updated the flight dynamics of the 1-11 to 1.6

I have installed it and taken a short flight from Heathrow to Birmingham and it is much better and is now controllable.
So far looking good. :thumbsup:

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Just Flight 1-11 update

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks John, downloading now. :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Reading this has brought me a step nearer to buying it.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 13:34
Reading this has brought me a step nearer to buying it.

Regards
Nigel.
Possibly me too. :thumbsup:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Installed the update the and took her for a flight yesterday. At first I just installed over the previous 1.5 version and she seamed as hard to control as ever. So today I deleted the old install and re-installed and did a pair of VA flights from EGLL to ESSA. It did seam a little better, on the outbound flight ATC had me do a visual approach and was able to do a landing fairly normally although I did have to fiddle with the tail trim a bit to keep her under control. On the return flight started to climb and turned on the autopilot as I was ascending, the plane soon started to pitch up dangerously and stalled, I would have crashed had I not 'cheated' a bit. Finally getting her under control and climbing normally, decent into Heathrow was going normally on an ILS approach until I switched to 'GS AUTO' and the plane immediately pitched down toward the ground, I had to quickly switch off the autopilot and using a lot of tail trim managed to get her back level and finally a safe but fairly hard landing, using trim to control her more than the stick. The dangerous pitch down when I turned on GS AUTO also happened when I did the first 1.6 test flight, before I did the re-install.

Other issues I had were even though all four pilot heater switches were on the airspeed kept going down to zero while flying. Another issue was the yoke in the VC, when I started it seamed in a normal position but at some point it moved forward so you could not see the bottom of the directional gauge where you would set the heading and course.

I could not say if anything I experienced was 'realistic' to the way the real 1-11 flew but it certainly was not fun to fly and until these things change she is heading to the mothball fleet.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Hi Joe,

I can't reproduce either the pitch up or pitch down issues when using the latest FDE. The climb and transition to ILS approaches were smooth and easy to control, provided the airspeed was also under control and appropriate for the flap setting. We've also not received any other reports of this issue, so I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so we can try to identify the cause.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager