JF Hawk for X-Plane in development

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

JF Hawk for X-Plane in development

Post by spatialpro »

Just Flight look set to produce their excellent Hawk T1 for X-Plane 11:

https://www.justflight.com/product/hawk ... -xplane-11

The flight dynamics, handling and rendering (given PBR, see example below. MSFS-based sims don't come close) are sure to be nothing short of amazing!

I'm hoping they will also make use of X-Plane's in-built weapons capability

I already have it for P3D4 with TacPack and love it. I'll happily buy it again for X-Plane as it will be even better.

JF may also develop their forthcoming Avro Vulcan B2 for X-Plane...

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: JF Hawk for X-Plane in development

Post by DaveG »

Interesting. Didn't know XP had built in weapons. *-)
Tried the demo but didn't warm to it. May have to take another look.
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

DaveG wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 15:50
Interesting. Didn't know XP had built in weapons
Yarp! :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2grUBPD0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7Bf6b3MVc

Remember, this is X-Plane and the weapons capability is built-in. No TacPack etc. required.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

v4.2 of Prepar3D has got me all excited again, like a kid in a candy store, over the last 24hrs, because I love helicopters and because of improvements to AI...

...but in the 24hrs preceding that, with the news that some high quality classic British jets are in development, my thoughts were "the clock is now ticking until I spend the majority of my time and effort in XP rather than P3D"...

I started out in FS9, then went to FSX and all versions of P3D to date. I bought X-Plane v9 and thought "myeh". I bought X-Plane v10 and thought "myeh". Then I bought v11 and suddenly I sat up straight and thought, hang-on, this actually has a lot more going for it than I thought, and given the pros. & cons. of BOTH X-Plane AND MSFS-based sims the balance might be starting to tip, at least for me. One of the big "cons" for me was the lack of good addon classic British jets... and this is now set to change. Of course there are still plenty of other "cons" with X-Plane (I could write a list and so could other users), but the same goes for the MSFS-based sims.

For those who haven't tried XP11 yet I'd say two big pluses are the Physically Based Rendering (PBR), which blows P3D rendering out of the water, and the really good autogen and landclass out-of-the-box (no addons, such as FTX regions, required). The VR out-of-the-box is also coming along strong and they're listening to what customers want.

Lockheed Martin had better get their skates on implementing PBR if they stand a chance of keeping up...

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

How is the vr in XP compared to P3d Andy?
I got a second hand Rift a couple of weeks ago which is great fun, so that is now a major consideration. :)
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

The VR in XP is really good out of the box. It is Beta, so you have to select downloads of Betas from the XP Installer/Updater. VR in P3D is a proper release. P3D "beat XP to it", but IMO XP has leap-frogged them whilst still in Beta. For instance, I find the 3D mouse much better. XP11 is also designed to use hand controllers (I don't have Oculus Touch controllers, how about you Dave?), which are said my some to be better than the 3D mouse and can even be used in preference to a joystick/yoke. Many (myself included) were sceptical of this at first, but I'm coming round to the idea so much that I'm looking to get a set of controllers. Some people swear by it and say it has to be tried!

All that said, I've yet to try the improved VR in P3D v4.2.....

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for that Andy.
I tried the XP11 demo again last night but it seems to be an earlier build and doesn't have the vr option. I assume I'd have to actually buy it to get the beta build. :dunno:
The vr in P3d v4.2 seems a little faster but that may have been because I did a fresh install. They've implemented a single pass stereo vr mode which is supposed to be faster but I didn't notice much difference TBH. Mind you, my hardware is on the low end for vr really.
I do have the touch controllers. Would be interesting to see how they work in a sim environment.
The set I bought was practically brand new, I don't think it was ever used as everything was still packaged up with all the protective tape etc still on. Bargain for £250. :thumbsup:
Dave G.