JF Dunkirk spitfire is out!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: JF Dunkirk spitfire is out!

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for that. I'm running FSX Steam Edition. I tried your suggestion and re-downloaded the .exe and installed from scratch, but still the same! This is really starting to wind me up!

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

Swanoir wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 18:01
Thanks for that. I'm running FSX Steam Edition. I tried your suggestion and re-downloaded the .exe and installed from scratch, but still the same! This is really starting to wind me up!
Sorry to hear. I assume your computer exceeds the specs posted at JF. On the surface it sounds like either the models are corrupted or the computer/graphics can't handle the textures. The only time I've encountered an issue with invisible models is related to missing gauges (removed by my anti-virus).

Out of curiosity, what was or is your process for reinstallation? I typically remove the prior version through the control panel, and in some cases go to the main aircraft direction to make sure all files were removed. I recently installed the latest update to the JF C-46, and the only files that were not removed were the various texture folders I added.

BTW - have you submitted a ticket to JF? That sounds like the next step if you haven't found a solution.

--WH

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

WarHorse47 wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 15:56
Airspeed wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 05:36
Thanks, Joe.
Has anyone compared this to the BOB trio (Hurri, Spit, 109) issued c2010?
No chocks and unable to remove pilot after parking, for example.

--WH
Next time I should read the manual more carefully. The pilot can be removed. 8)

--WH

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

[/quote]Sorry to hear. I assume your computer exceeds the specs posted at JF. On the surface it sounds like either the models are corrupted or the computer/graphics can't handle the textures. The only time I've encountered an issue with invisible models is related to missing gauges (removed by my anti-virus).

Out of curiosity, what was or is your process for reinstallation? I typically remove the prior version through the control panel, and in some cases go to the main aircraft direction to make sure all files were removed. I recently installed the latest update to the JF C-46, and the only files that were not removed were the various texture folders I added.

BTW - have you submitted a ticket to JF? That sounds like the next step if you haven't found a solution.

--WH
[/quote]

I've been in touch with JF and they suggested a complete uninstall/reinstall, which I did again, and again it made no difference! I've let them know so I'll await their next response.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the Spitfire displays correctly in the rotating aircraft screen within FSX. To me that implies the model has installed all the relevant parts, bust something is preventing them from showing up within the sim?

Anyway, 'll keep you posted on any progress.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Swanoir wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 18:41
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the Spitfire displays correctly in the rotating aircraft screen within FSX. To me that implies the model has installed all the relevant parts, bust something is preventing them from showing up within the sim?

Anyway, 'll keep you posted on any progress.
As I mentioned before, it sounds like the copy protection is kicking in. JF/AH models usually do something like this. Probably the copy-protection gauge isn't being loaded, possible being stopped by your anti-virus. I'd pause any protection, then re-install, making sure you run the installer as admin, and try that.
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for your help Dave but nothing is working. This is a copy of my latest reply to Just Flight:

Hi as I previously said, I don't have any anti-virus software installed, I've also disabled the firewall. I also disabled Windows Defender. I again uninstalled the Dunkirk Spitfire completely, ensuring there was nothing left in the Simobjects/airplanes folders. I downloaded the .exe file again and ran it as administrator. I still have the same problem.

I appreciate your help but the frustration I'm encountering just isn't worth the hassle.

What saddens me is that as a very loyal Just Flight customer ( I presume you can view my purchase history) I have been so let down. I have literally never had a single problem in the past installing any of the Just Flight products on to my current PC.

I went on to suggest a refund, as I can't see this being resolved. The annoying thing is, I've gone from being ambivalent about getting the Spitfire to now being desperate for it!

It reminds me of when I used to wait 45 minutes for the 747 simulator on my Acorn Electron to load, then it wouldn't and I'd be even more desperate to play it!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

That's a shame. Not sure what else to suggest. :dunno: I haven't got the Dunkirk Spit, so I was working blind as it were.
I seem to remember someone having the same trouble with the JF Mosquito but I don't know if that was ever resolved.
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Problem solved! It turns out there was some sort of conflict with the Battle of Britain Spitfire I'd installed though Steam a few months ago. It was a bugger to find as it wasn't installed to the main Airplanes folder. I deleted it, reinstalled the Dunkirk Spit and all's well and good! So relieved!
Although in the end I solved the problem myself, I have to say I was very impressed with Craig at Just Flight for all the help he offered and his prompt responses. He was about to give me a refund but I'm an honest bloke so I've emailed him to let him know it's resolved! Hopefully now if anyone else gets this problem they can learn from my experience. Thanks again lads for all the suggestions and help :thumbsup: :welldone: :cheers:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Excellent! Glad you're sorted. :thumbsup:
Dave G.

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Post by RobDob »

Service Pack 1 now available.