ORBX Photo Scenery for UK and More

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: ORBX Photo Scenery for UK and More

Post by Nigel H-J »

A word of warning. I purchased ORBX England yesterday. I don't know if the installation went wrong, but all my default airfield grass textures got changed to a horible muddy brown colour. I have had to uninstall and import all the default World/Scenery/Texture files.
May be a silly question but have you got the latest version of FTX Central 3?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

Yes. Downloaded yesterday.
Steve.

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

I should add that I have been designing uk scenery for 20years, and was a beta tester on FSX.
Steve.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

That's odd, Grumpy. I've never had a problem with Orbx England, or any other of their other regions for that matter, and that's after several installations ( FSX, P3Dv 1,2, and 3 ). Persist with it if you can, because the end result is worthwhile.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Paul K wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 10:02
That's odd, Grumpy. I've never had a problem with Orbx England, or any other of their other regions for that matter, and that's after several installations ( FSX, P3Dv 1,2, and 3 ). Persist with it if you can, because the end result is worthwhile.
Quite agree Paul, I'm sure Orbx England needs "FTX global base".
Here are a few pics of Orbx True Earth HD Netherlands, this is the quality we can expect when the new England scenery becomes available.

ImageNetherlands Orbx HD_Medium

RobR

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

robcarrich wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 11:44
Hi Rob :) - FTX regions, including England, are stand-alone. FTX Global isn't a prerequisite. In fact, I bought Global long after buying FTX England, Scotland and Wales. Global is a requirement for some of the other Orbx scenery products, however - for example Jacksons , Meigs and Pago Pago.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yes. Downloaded yesterday.
Hi Grumpy, did you have any luck installing FTX England again? The only problem I had with FTX Central was about 2 years ago when it took a very long time for my flights to load up 5-7 minutes so waited uninstalled FTX Central and went back to an earlier version then waited until they brought out a newer version and that did the trick.

Hope you are able to get a result.
Hi Rob, I had Orbx England for quite some time before installing FTX Global so EU England should run without it.

That screenshot of Orbx True Earth HD Netherlands is brilliant! :welldone: Now all I'm waiting for is the release of Tru Earth England for X-Plane and when they do it for FSX will put that in also so I can fly all my favourite aircraft low and slow, just a pity that they do not work in X Plane 11 but one day..............................?????? 8)

Regards
Nigel.

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

Many apologies guy's. My FSX acceleration was from my FSX Beta testing days and was a RTM disc. It wasn't installing properly.
Just purchased the last release of accel, and found out that sp1 is not a prerequisite to install accel.

Uninstall of FSX, reinstall + Accel and reloaded ORBX England and everything is working fine.

Think this is getting a bit too complex for us OAP's................... :)
Steve.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Think this is getting a bit too complex for us OAP's................... :)
:lol: :lol:

I also have trouble but mainly it is because when I read the manual on 'How to do it' it confuses me even more!! :doh: :lol:

Really pleased to know that you got it all sorted Grumpy. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

Post by grumpyoldb »

I also have trouble but mainly it is because when I read the manual on 'How to do it' it confuses me even more!!

You read the manual.............. ? ;)
Steve.