ORBX Photo Scenery for UK and More

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: ORBX Photo Scenery for UK and More

Post by simondix »

Does the Prince workin P3Dv4
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yes, it's perfectly OK in v4. :)
Dave G.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 233SQN »

Does anyone know how this (the UK version) is proceeding?

Very much looking forward to it .... although something inside me remains sceptical!
Thanks

Colin Bear

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Does anyone know how this (the UK version) is proceeding?

Very much looking forward to it .... although something inside me remains sceptical!
In John Venema's last post concerning True Earth UK he stated that they are making good progress with only 2 tiles to complete and the whole country is then covered with imagery and overlay.

He then writes about the POI Modelling which is a huge undertaking to add hundreds, if not thousands of custom 3D models to major city areas. Once it gets into Beta stage they will then show screenshots and also videos and he has stated that this is a few months away.

I have also requested on their forum that for one POI would they consider adding the newly opened International Bomber Memorial at the top of Canwick Road Lincoln so hopefully that will now be included.

Like you, I am also wondering how good it is going to be, have spent some very long afternoons making tiles for the UK with Ortho4XP.

Judgement day will be the day that Orbx release True Earth UK and yes, I will buy it even though there is a big risk of disappointment and I say that because it will have to match or exceed that of Ortho Scenery along with Simheaven X Europe combined.

Also another point to take into account is that Ortho Sceneries imagery is around the 2011 to 2013 although they have been updating them whereas with Orbx, the sceneries are around 2015 to 2017.

Hope this helps Colin.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 233SQN »

Thanks Nigel. I await it eagerly but until then I'll make do with HorizonVFR/Treescape and UK2000 which does a pretty good job for the money!
Thanks

Colin Bear

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Nigel. I await it eagerly but until then I'll make do with HorizonVFR/Treescape and UK2000 which does a pretty good job for the money!
Hi Colin, I take it that you are still with FSX? I only ask as you wrote you are making do with Horizon VFR/Treescape. For your information, the release for True Earth UK will be something of this order. Firstly X Plane 11 followed by P3D then FSX.

The reason being that FSX will most likely be the last sim to get it is down to the fact that FSX is 32bit whereas P3D and X plane are 64bit. So the coding will be different but overall, the scenery itself will still be the same in all 3 platforms. They should all be out before Christmas :xgrin:

Hope this helps.

Regards
Nigel.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I'm sure I've read that the FSX versions were on hold indefinitely due to the limitations of the 32bit platform. *-)
Dave G.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Nigel H-J wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:02

Firstly X Plane 11 followed by P3D then FSX.
Based on the experience with Netherlands TrueEarth, P3D4 will probably be first.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'm sure I've read that the FSX versions were on hold indefinitely due to the limitations of the 32bit platform. *-)
Hi Dave, I did put in a question on Orbx Forum regarding FSX, P3D and X Plane 11. John Venema replied with the following:
We will be separating 32-bit versions from 64-bit versions purely because the 4GB limit of 32-bit platforms just cannot run the full TrueEarth feature set. However, we will only charge once for a TrueEarth region for FSX/P3D so this will allow you to upgrade to 64-bit P3D without having to purchase the region again.
Based on the experience with Netherlands TrueEarth, P3D4 will probably be first.
Another reply from John Venema to my question regarding True Earth UK is as follows:

We intend to release England, Scotland and Wales as TrueEarth regions for X-Plane 11 this year.

At the same time we will begin development on those same TrueEarth regions for AFS2 and FSX/P3D. We hope to release some of those regions this year for those sims but there are a LOT of concurrent projects in play so we have to balance our team’s resources.

It has been said on the Orbx Forum that True Earth UK, Scotland and Wales will be released before P3D and FSX. True Earth Netherlands was released for P3D and so far I have not heard whether a release of that for X Plane is coming soon as they are busy with True Earth UK for X Plane 11.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Nigel.