Just Flight Easter sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Just Flight Easter sale

Post by Paul K »

:lol: :lol:

I'm almost convinced, Mike. I've read some good things about the package at various places on the web. Now my problem is what other JF product to buy in the two-for-£30 offer. I have a feeling time will run out before I finally decide. :doh:

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Vancouver wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 18:37
4 for $60 is tempting. Anybody know how good their DC10's are? Really tempted by this as there are no great ones elsewhere from what I can tell. Thomas Ruth's is OK-ish but FD's is terrible and there are many small niggles e.g. the trim wheel is arse about face.
Hi Alex

I have the JF DC-10. It's basically one of their F-lite products, so doesn't come with an all singing all dancing flight deck. Although it does have a programmable FMC and can apparently accept SIDS and STARS (though I haven't tried these).
I do like it though and prefer it to the Thomas Ruth version.
I originally had it on disc, but that version would not work with P3D, so I re-bought it as the HD version in a JF sale (along with the B747-200).
If you like DC-10's, as I do (first wide-body type that I flew on) then this is probably your best bet.
One thing I didn't like, was the ghastly pink VC lighting. I did manage to change this to white.

Hope this helps

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks Kevin, I'll buy it, possibly also the DC8 too :cheers:
Alex

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Paul K wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 13:46
:lol: :lol:

By the way, can anyone advise me on the JF DC-8 package ? It looks very nice but with add-on aircraft, looks aren't everything.
Generally hard on frames and memory and some models outright drag framerate down to 1 FPS for some reason.
JF support said that it might be caused by the copy protection system clashing with some anti-virus tools and I'm not leaving my flanks open just to fly something at reduced framerates.
Refunded it.

(YMMV though.)

Vancouver wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 18:37
4 for $60 is tempting. Anybody know how good their DC10's are? Really tempted by this as there are no great ones elsewhere from what I can tell. Thomas Ruth's is OK-ish but FD's is terrible and there are many small niggles e.g. the trim wheel is arse about face.
There's a new FDE for Tom's model:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=14&y=12

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm grateful for the information, Bjoern, and will save my money for something else. Thanks again. :cheers:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Yes I tried these new dynamics. They reduced the willingness for the DC10 to overspeed as readily. The downside was that is was like flying on rails. Quite happy with the DC10 from JF although I now realise it is actually really by CLS and not JF native. Still it quite a nice model if not PMDG quality.
Alex

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Vancouver wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 18:47
The downside was that is was like flying on rails.
According to the author, the stability derivatives were obtained from aerodynamic analysis, so there's gotta be some truth to them.
Remember that this thing weighs several 100000 lbs.