Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster video

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster video

Post by Paul K »

It looks close to release, and this video gives you a tour of the model. The sound effects seem very good - definitely an authentic Merlin quartet there. Maybe a little bit too weathered in places, but I suppose it's down to individual preference, and no doubt a there'll be paintkit to spruce it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeVR5Zwqbe4

The cookie hang-up has already been mentioned elsewhere and is attributed to a sloppy pilot ;) :lol:

I'll wait for some feedback from the early purchasers, but I am cautiously optimistic. :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster video

Post by Airspeed »

That had me entranced!
The only thing that I didn't like was something of an empty echo effect; I'll pop back and get a time stamp.
It's at 6:53 to 7:00. I'm unsure whether this is Doppler effect, but I HAVE heard similar with other aircraft, especially when switching views.
Overall, I'm quite interested.
Last edited by Airspeed on 03 Apr 2018, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Thanks for the link Paul. Looks quite good.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Did the Merlins "crackle" when throttled back on approach? Bit of a slog back on only two engines! Looks like 106 Sqdn. from Metheringham. G Gibson's unit before 617.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Hobby :hello:
I know that the Dakota radials did that, because I witnessed it daily as they approached Northolt.
It happens to our car engines, too, so I'd imagine that Merlins would do the same. TBH, I heard no such effect in the video.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Nor me, but I am a little deaf. Too many loud noises, a 'doodlebug' knocked the chimney off our home and blew four houses up across the road. Then of course all those 0.303" and 9mm rounds sent down the range when I was in the RAF (but not in the RAF Rgt.). Not to forget sitting adjacent to the engines in Vanguards up and down to Scotland!