FeelThere E170/190 Owners

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

FeelThere E170/190 Owners

Post by Aharon »

Any FeelThere E170/190 owners out there? Do you have any special advice or tip for me before I install that new payware addon plane into my laptop??

Can I skip FMC and fly it without FMC using GPS?

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: FeelThere E170/190 Owners

Post by alemaobaiano »

I don't have the 170/190 pairing from Feelthere but I do have their 175/195 Embraers which shouldn't be that much different.

IIRC there is no GPS available on this aircraft so that would be your first obstacle. You could probably add a pop-up GPS window from something else, but it won't tie in with the autopilot. Secondly you would be missing out on the features and flight guidance provided by the FMS, which are quite extensive. The FMS is different, just as the real one is. It's neither Boeing nor Airbus, but once you get the hang of it things seem to work well. Frankly I don't understand why you would buy this aircraft and then want to use the standard GPS as the primary navigation tool. The FMS is an advanced simulation of the real thing, that is an integral part of the real and simulated aircraft.

There are, or were, a couple of mods on the FT forum that improved the pitch angle I believe, and one to eliminate reflections from the beacon, but overall it is a very satisfying aircraft to fly, manually or via the FMS. I have put quite a few hours into this bird over the years, and while it isn't perfect it's the best Embraer out there.

If you haven't already bought the Feelthere version you might want to consider the VirtualCol one, which is cheaper and simpler, and can be flown with the GPS.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TTFN,

Thanks for wonderful explanations
alemaobaiano wrote:
18 May 2018, 13:55
Frankly I don't understand why you would buy this aircraft and then want to use the standard GPS as the primary navigation tool.
Because there is no decent looking freeware E170/190 and I need E190s for Arkia airline flying and for Wideroe airline flying. Therefore, I was forced to buy FeelThere E170/190

And I love GARMIN 500 GPS device. Do not want to spend too much time on FMC.
alemaobaiano wrote:
there is no GPS available on this aircraft so that would be your first obstacle. You could probably add a pop-up GPS window from something else, but it won't tie in with the autopilot.
OH DARN It means I have to fly manually following pink line in the GPS :( :( :(
alemaobaiano wrote:
you might want to consider the VirtualCol one, which is cheaper and simpler, and can be flown with the GPS.
Everybody say VirtualCol is crappy. :$ :$ :$ :$ :$

Once again, thanks for your kind explanations.

Regards,

Aharon

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have used the GPS to navigate plenty of times where it was not installed before.

I regularly install either the default 2D 295 or 500 GPS if its not there already. If the aircraft has a GPS that supports NAV mode you can usually map the GPS/NAV mode key to something on your keyboard (I use shift N) and now your using the GPS. You may even be able to use CTRL-N to manually put the autopilot into NAV mode.

Now I have not used any products by FeelThere so I don't know how sophisticated there systems are, they could have done something to override the default functionality so no guaranties, but it won't take you long to test it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Blanston12,

This is what I want to do and that is what I plan to do!! I wish I know how to override Feethere's programming against GPS because people told me that installing FSX default Garmin 500 GPS into Feellthere E170/190 will not work because the plane will not follow GPS.

Regards,

Aharon

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

They use custom autopilot logic to tie in with the FMS, so finding a way to link the standard GPS to a custom autopilot is probably impossible. As most users will fly with the FMS there probably isn't much incentive for some inventive mind to find a way round the issue. Somebody might have done it, but I never saw anything when I was active on the forums. As it's also a fairly old model these days I suspect that anything that is going to be done has already been done.

Looks like you'll just have to use heading to follow the magenta line on the GPS.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Alemaobiaano (I hope I get that spelling right on this early groggy morning),

I am afraid you are right particularly on following pink line on GPS during entire flight!!!

It is easy for me to install GPS into any freeware or payware plane BUT I have zero experience in installing GPS/NAV button switch and I am afraid you are right about FeelThere's planes being programmed to codes for FMC, not GPS.

Regards,

Aharon

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Try installing the autopilot from the default 737 as a 2d panel, it has a nav/gps button. But also you can map a keyboard or joystick button to nav/gps toggle and turn it on that way. I have it mapped to shift-n
Joe Cusick,

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

blanston12 wrote:
21 May 2018, 16:58
Try installing the autopilot from the default 737 as a 2d panel, it has a nav/gps button. But also you can map a keyboard to nav/gps toggle and turn it on that way. I have it mapped to shift-n
Interesting theory

I know how to install GPS into any payware or freeware add on plane as I did many times but how do I do as in your own words: installing the autopilot from the default 737 as a 2d panel with its own nav/gps button??

Regards,

Aharon

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Try adding this to your panel where you added the GPS to your panel.

Code: Select all

[WindowXX]
size_mm=456,478
window_size=0.5
position=8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,     0,0,456,378
gauge01=B737_800!autopilot, 0,378,456,100
You may have to copy the B737_800.cab file from the 737's panel folder into your gauges folder (or the panel folder of the AC you are modifying)
Joe Cusick,