P3DV4.3

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: P3DV4.3

Post by DaveG »

A quick Google threw up 1300g per external tank, not sure if that's US gallons or what, so that's probably about right.
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

With a bit of jiggery-pokery I ported in the original CS C130 & merged them with the default panels. Seems to work fine, including the special animations, but I've not fully checked things out yet. :)

Dave G.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Quick question, if I'm updating from 4.2 to 4.3 am I going to lose my customisations, keybindings, graphics settings, addons, anything like that? Any special process to follow, or just run the installer? A quick Google shows lots of conflicting advice.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

If you're using an addon shader tool like PTA or TomatoShade, restore your original shaders before you do anything else.
If you're using TacPack, make sure that's disabled, and any others that may not be compatible with 4.3.

I uninstalled the client, said "no" when asked if I wanted to deactivate the license, then installed the new client. Did the same for content and scenery.
Don't try and install over the top, failure to uninstall the components first will result in a botched installation.

Updated Active Sky, FSUIPC and some others.
I didn't delete the P3d.cfg. Didn't lose any settings or addons, but with so many different addons out there there is no guarantee that everything will still work.
Dave G.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Cheers, I shall brave it later tonight.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Must get around to doing this myself, files have been languishing since release day. When the faults with the C130 were noted I thought I would wait in case there was a fixed update. Seems not to be the case. :$
Alex

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

DaveG wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 15:25
If you're using an addon shader tool like PTA or TomatoShade, restore your original shaders before you do anything else.
If you're using TacPack, make sure that's disabled, and any others that may not be compatible with 4.3.

I uninstalled the client, said "no" when asked if I wanted to deactivate the license, then installed the new client. Did the same for content and scenery.
Don't try and install over the top, failure to uninstall the components first will result in a botched installation.

Updated Active Sky, FSUIPC and some others.
I didn't delete the P3d.cfg. Didn't lose any settings or addons, but with so many different addons out there there is no guarantee that everything will still work.
Worked absolutely fine, all working as intended. Cheers Dave! :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:
Dave G.

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I am also reluctant to update, I have so many extra cfgs (cameras, simobjects, effects) and a dll.xml. With all scenery added via scenery.cfg .
George

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I always backup my AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folders before an update, just in case. Luckily I've never needed them, yet.... :worried:
Dave G.