X-Plane.Org Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

X-Plane.Org Sale

Post by ChrisHunt »

X-Plane.org is having a sale... some good bargains to be had. The Tornado is downloading as I type.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: X-Plane.Org Sale

Post by alemaobaiano »

I'd love to know what you think of the Tornado Chris, I have my eye on that one and the reviews are very good.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

What's the FlyJSim Boeing 727 like, I wonder ?

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Paul K wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 12:41
Very good Paul, light on frames, perhaps a bit over-powered or under-dragged in v2 but very much a systems aircraft. A full XP11 featured v3 is due soon and promises to be even better, much like their 737. It might be worth getting now, if it's on sale, they are promising a discount for v2 owners.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

The Tornado is a bit of a mixed bag. Visually - externally excellent but interior average and the pilots viewpoint is set too far forward. Flying wise a bit light on her feet on take off but perhaps my weights were a bit on the low side despite have a couple of Storm Shadows loaded and a couple of external fuel tanks. Stall speeds are about right. Handling in the turn is better than JFs but wing sweep appears to have little effect on turn rate. I managed to get it down in one piece but only just - she drops like a stone at anything much below 180 even with full flap deployment. All in all a 7 out of 10 from me.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Got my eye on a few aircraft but will only be able to purchase one.

The Lockheed L1011

Twin Otter V2 300 Series

or even the DC8.

Does anyone have the Twin Otter, if so is it as good as that of the Aerosoft Twin Otter for FSX?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

alemaobaiano wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 14:04
Paul K wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 12:41
Very good Paul, light on frames, perhaps a bit over-powered or under-dragged in v2 but very much a systems aircraft. A full XP11 featured v3 is due soon and promises to be even better, much like their 737. It might be worth getting now, if it's on sale, they are promising a discount for v2 owners.

TTFN
Thanks muchly for that good info :) . IF I ever get X-Plane ( and it's a rapidly shrinking IF ) I think that 727 would be first on the airliner list.