Preview Screenshots Netherlands True Earth for AFS2

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Preview Screenshots Netherlands True Earth for AFS2

Post by Nigel H-J »

In my opinion this does look even better than the screen shots for P3D and X Plane 11. John Venema in the thread had stated that:
We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!

There are even further optimisations coming so performance will increase even more. Rest assured you will have a rock solid 90FPS in VR no matter where you are in this scenery.
From the screenshots shown and comparing that to those of P3D and X Plane 11 you can really see the difference although some will no doubt suggest I should visit SpecSavers but do think at this time that the True Earth Netherlands for AFS2 the graphics are leading the way against
X Plane 11 and P3D.

As for the reported performance of FPS this could in fact be due to the sim not having any weather themes or even ATC and not forgetting AI aircraft but if they are added in the future then I would honestly think that frame rates will not be as good as they are now as clouds can be a frame rate hogger (depending on the power of your computer).

All in all and having viewed some videos of AFS2 on You Tube then this would quite probably be my second sim to run alongside X Plane 11 sometime during the next year.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/157 ... ofly-fs-2/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.