JF/Carenado Fokker F50

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

JF/Carenado Fokker F50

Post by Swanoir »

I know this isn't a new release, but I finally purchased this today. Further to my earlier posts asking about how publishers/developers set their prices, here's another one where I just don't get it I'm afraid. Yes, it's a lovely looking model. Yes it flies nicely. Yes, I do like the inclusion of a virtual cabin (although I couldn't open the toilet door, despite the latch being clearly clickable!). But that's it. Very nice, nothing more, nothing less. But I paid 40 quid for it. That I don't feel is nice. I enjoyed my first couple of flights, even though I suffered a CTD OOM just as I approached London on a flight from Newcastle to London City (to be fair, I'm on high settings with ORBX scenery, UK Airports and had used time acceleration all the way). But I have to say, unless I'm missing something, I resent paying £40 for this addon. £30, not bad. £20 - £25 more like it, but £40? Sorry, just not worth it.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JF/Carenado Fokker F50

Post by Nigel H-J »

I resent paying £40 for this addon. £30, not bad. £20 - £25 more like it, but £40? Sorry, just not worth it.
Fully agree with what you wrote Swanoir, I purchased the Just Flight VC10 for £24.99 and was very happy to pay that price, I think it is well worth the money and having just re-installed FSX on my spare drive I really enjoy flying it. (I know, I did uninstall FSX but really missed flying classic aircraft that I bought so re-installed it) :lol:

Coming back to this subject I have also noticed that having X Plane all the new big tubeliners are around fifty pounds or even more and say out of arguments sake that if another developer came along and made a VC10 for say X Plane, it would be twice as much money to buy than the Just Flight Version!! The argument may well be that it takes a lot of time and effort to produce but also there are a lot of simmers being OAPs' like myself who cannot afford to splash money out this way on a product, so as far as X Plane goes I am quite happy to fly the default aircraft mainly the MD80 but have purchased the DA62 which did not break the bank or my pension!! :lol:

I know I will be investing in True Earth UK and it will not be cheap but Orbx realize that many pensioners do not have the income that they used to have and providing that you are registered with them along with 'proof of age' they give senior citizens a discount of 20% on all purchases apart from when they have sales or offers on. I think that Orbx by doing this are really thinking about their customers and should be given a big pat on the back for making such a move.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.