Preview Orbx True Earth UK South

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Preview Orbx True Earth UK South

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just had a look and also viewed the video, absolutely fantastic scenery and great to see that they have encompassed Wales into it as apposed to being separate as with FTX. Once this is released then just 2 more to go!! :excited:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/160 ... ng-in-hot/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Preview Orbx True Earth UK South

Post by FlyTexas »

Stunning! :-O

Brian

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

The Orbx man at the show today said p3d version should be ready by Christmas
Must admit it did look very good on x plane, smooth and very little in the way of stutters, however only demoed low and slow
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

What did you think of the show
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Bit disappointed if I was to be honest Little on offer show discount wise, and other than orbx showcasing true England there was not much else new
I was looking for a weather program, its probably a toss up between active sky or sky force and hoped I may have seen a demo but just flight and aerosoft were just pushing out slightly reduced dvds of their own software
Was interested in the head tracking Track Hat It was quite good in a ga aircraft where there's not much else to do but fly it and look about, but in an airliner where you're checking charts and routes off the main screen I don't know if the head tracking is worthwhile
I spent more time in the museum actually. I've not been to Cosford for a few years the cold war hangar is superb
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I took one lap had a go at X-plane but will stick with FSX and P3Dv4. Not very impressed haven't been for two years. Like you I found nothing I needed and to be quite honest they used to be a bit more generous with the freebies on the door. Magazine and mousemat this year even with a prebooked ticket. No did not do the museum as going there with a camera club Wednesday week and I was back home by 1130am.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Watched the video.
The land did look fine, but I was disappointed by the static surf in the coastal scenes.
Seemed that road traffic was set to minimum too. They should have done the same with that stupid music; I could still hear it with headphones at arms length.

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 233SQN »

Is this the same as Just flight's VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D?

see https://www.justflight.com/product/vfr- ... outh-wales

Rgds
Thanks

Colin Bear

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I'd assume that's a different product. Be interesting to see how they compare. Hopefully it will be good as I'd like to avoid Orbx of at all possible! :lol:
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Colin, had a look at the Just Flight Southern England and Wales. To be honest, after flying in True Earth South UK the textures in the Just Flight screenshots are not as sharp or as good as Orbx but that is only my opinion.

I did a quick flight from Haverfordwest and flew past RAF Brawdy to St Davids where there is an old abandoned airfield. I will leave it to you in comparing my screenshots to those of Just Flight, I have not added anything to them in the way of Shaders, this is literally out of the box pictures.

Click on the screenshots for a better view.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.