JF Chipmunk Bubble Canopy

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

JF Chipmunk Bubble Canopy

Post by Swanoir »

Just used my points to get the Bubble Canopy Chipmunk and not very impressed. Before I fire off a moan to JF, I wonder if anyone else has this addon and has noticed the same issues as me? Firstly the fuel tank selector doesn't work. Secondly, the whole reason I decided to buy it was for the F-CHIP paint. The screenshots on the Just Flight website and the thumbnail in FSX clearly show blue detailing and signage on the tail/tailplane. However, when you load the aircraft the this area is just silver. This implies to me that the textures aren't 'missing' as such, as there would be the usual black holes. This might seem like a minor niggle, but as I based my entire purchase choice on the basis of what I thought was a nice looking texture, for that texture not to match the one as advertised is a bit of a mickey take I think. What a waste of points! 8)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JF Chipmunk Bubble Canopy

Post by Nigel H-J »

Could you not get your points back by asking them to take it off your account and you delete the Chippie?

Just a thought.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

I may very well do that Nigel, but I think I'll give them a chance to fix it (if they can) first. If they can't then yes I'll be definitely asking for a refund.

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

I quite like the bubble canopy Chipmunk. This is one of my favourite paints for it!

:cheers: Peter W

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Just to let you know it is the same in P3Dv4
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

simondix wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 21:04
Just to let you know it is the same in P3Dv4
Thanks for that. I've put a ticket in with Just Flight so I'll let you know what they have to say in due course.