JF Vulcan Released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JF Vulcan Released

Post by Nigel H-J »

Excellent introduction to your newly acquired Vulcan Paul, by all accounts this is definitely on my purchase list though don't think that Babs will want to hear me say, "Hey Babs, come and look at this fantastic aircraft....YABA YABA YABA!! :hide:
An unusual view option is 'Virtual Cockpit Only' which blacks out the windows, and adds a little internal reflection. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is - maybe for purely instrument flying training ? Not sure I'll use it, but it's there for them that want it.
I would say this is to simulate the actual aircraft as the Vulcan had blinds that could be pulled down on all windows in the cockpit to lessen the blinding flash of the Atom Bomb, when you looked back towards the rear crew there was a blind that comes right across which cut out the light from the flight deck which was important for the nav radar to be able to work in near darkness when lining up for the bombing run or taking position fixes.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A few glitches are starting to emerge as people begin to use the model - threads can be seen here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topic ... discussion

JF have already updated the download, and some more fixes are coming. I'm still at the 'reading the manual' stage ( yes, I'm actually going to read it ! ) so I haven't encountered these problems yet.

Nigel, yes, anti-flash blinds - of course, why didn't I think of that ? Well spotted. :thumbsup: That curtain you mention is probably what is shown hanging down between the seats in my fifth picture. And very convenient for the modeller! :lol:

I think I'll wait a bit to see if any further fixes are applied, before installing a new download. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, I once took 2 Vulcan Pilots to RAF Finningley to undergo a flight in the simulator and was lucky enough to be allowed to sit in on their simulator check. For reasons unknown to me I could only enter once they were positioned for take-off and their progress was checked by a moving map where the instructor sat. This was a blind flying simulator so no graphical features just blank windows but nonetheless was a very good experience to see them put through their paces including one of the engines catching fire after a big bang (courtesy of the instructor hitting the side panel with his fist) :lol: As the crew were so quick to react the instructor told me he guessed they were expecting him to do that!!

Was an interesting experience and would be quite good fun using the virtual cockpit only to practice instrument flying!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.