Orbx Road Map for 2019

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Orbx Road Map for 2019

Post by Nigel H-J »

One interesting feature for P3d will be the release of Channel Island Alderney early January and has many enhancements over the previous release.

Scroll down for screenshots on the link.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164 ... reenshots/

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: Orbx Road Map for 2019

Post by Rick Piper »

just says early 2019 ?

Still using Earthsim version which from the screens looks identical so I presume Darren went to Orbx

no real ned for another Alderney

Wish they would get P3d Versions out instead of XP11 all the time

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel, thanks for the heads-up. I think Australia v2 is the one I'm really looking forward to. Perth ( Western Australia ) is in development, and I hope that they'll eventually complete all the state capitals in Oz. True Earth looks great, but I might only get that if I start using X-plane, and that itself is dependent on other factors and possibilities in the pipeline.

All in all, they have a full program, it seems. I just wish to God they'd stop describing things as 'iconic'. That word is driving me round the bend.

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

Australia v2 is the one I'm really looking forward to
Agree Paul, Australia 2.0 might keep P3D on my computer for a while longer. True Earth is outstanding but I think Oz must be a couple of years away yet.

X-Plane isn't getting all the love....

Prepar3D V4
openLC Africa - FSX/P3D
  • New landclass textures
    New autogen buildng types
    Arid city night lighting
    Arid city
    More unique landclass textures
NZNV Invercargill - P3D
KSGU St George Regional Airport - P3D
KSBA - SODE Jetway update - FSX/P3D
LDDU - SODE Jetway update - FSX/P3D
Channel Islands Alderney - P3D
CityScene Honolulu - P3D
Australia Version 2.0 - FSX/P3D
Global BuildingsHD - FSX/P3D
Work continues on BuildingsHD
LEAS Asturias - P3D
ESSA Stockholm Arlanda - P3D - major update
CityScene Orlando - P3D
CAE3 Campbell River Water Aerodrome - FSX/P3D
Cityscape Cote d'Azur - P3D
Boulder City 61B -FSX/P3D
LIEO Olbia city & airport - P3D
KBUR Burbank Bob Hope Airport - P3D
KDAL Dallas Love Field - P3D
TrueEarth Great Britain South - P3Dv4 This has now entered official beta testing
TrueEarth Pacific Northwest - P3Dv4

X-Plane 11
TE GB South SP1
TrueEarth Netherlands North
TrueEarth GB North
Eagle County Regional Airport
EGSG Stapleford :Dance:
Orbx Global for XP11
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

On John Venemas' post regarding the road map he also stated:
The majority of new content we're working on now is for Prepar3D. This is still the dominant platform used by over 70% of all our customers. Whilst it may have appeared that over the past year we have lost focus on P3D in favour of XP11, this is a perception mostly based on ports of airports from FSX/P3D. Most of that ported content is six years old. In 2018 we released twenty brand new content products for P3D, versus 12 products for XP11, most of which were ports from P3D.

Last year we clearly signalled our intent to embrace new simulator platforms and we have delivered on our promise. However, this should not be viewed as a "threat" to those of you who use P3D as your main platform, because any content released for P3D first will come to XP11 eventually - and vice versa. As we begin to hire more staff to cope with the demands of multi-platform development, you'll begin to see the gaps between platform releases come closer together until we will almost have concurrent releases..

A heads up though - we will slowly be phasing out support for FSX as developers begin to implement new tech such as PBR and the use of larger textures. You saw this trend start with TrueEarth Netherlands for P3D only, and the recent Tyabb airport is again P3Dv3/4 only, as well as some upcoming releases I'll show below.
It is also very sad to hear that they are going to phase out support for FSX, a great pity as I thought that they might have been able to overcome the problem with it being 32 bit application. Obviously not!! I think with FSX I will concentrate on flying in the Pacific Fjords, Northern Rockies and Pacific Northwest as the scenery there is so much nicer than England and also I have found less popping up of scenery.

Regards
Nigel.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

That's a pretty big and impressive list. I am really looking forward to Dallas for obvious reasons and Bill looks like he's outdone himself because I can recognize every single one of those hangars and buildings in the last "preview" just from the white box. It will be nice to finally have a good, up-to-date, Love Field now that the majority of the big building projects are complete. Hopefully he'll be able to get updated sources when the new FBO at the former Braniff Hangar is done and the new hangar at DalFort Aviation/Signature Terminal 2 is complete so it'll be totally updated.

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 233SQN »

The upcoming JF product is going to be 1.2M per pixel going down to 60CM per pixel in certain areas (cities and around airports) with a a mesh of 5M. This is the same as Horizon/Playsims VFR scenery of a few years back.

Is the OrbX stuff higher Res? I couldn't find anything in their specs to compare it to.
Thanks

Colin Bear

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Colin, spent some time trying to find out what the elevation mesh is generally but cannot find it although John Venema had given it in one of his posts however, in a recent post regarding TE North which covers Scotland he wrote:

we have already made good progress on TE GB North. We are hoping to license 10M elevation mesh to make the Scottish Highlands area just stunning to explore.

Your best bet would be to look at the screenshots from Orbx and compare them with Just Flight then make your decision. It would be wrong for me to favour one against the other but it just so happened that True Earth UK came out first. Apart from that they have not listed compatibility for X Plane

Regards
Nigel.