True Earth GB South release for P3Dv4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: True Earth GB South release for P3Dv4

Post by Filonian »

Buggyman wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 09:14
After installing the update to GB South I made 2 flights, one from Leeming to Boscombe Down which went OK until I hit the 'join' between normal scenery and GB South. A bit like hitting an invisible wall. Everything stopped while the PC innards went ballistic, a good 5 minutes passed before flying was resumed but, oh dear, where was the wonderful 'more real than it gets' scenery? I was flying over a green soup with the occasional black box which I took to be buildings. After flying round for quite some time I found Boscombe, to be fair the scenery had begun to come in and I landed on a black line with a few buildings around it.

My second trip was from London City to Farnborough in a Gloster Gladiator via the Thames. Now I have a fairly beefy machine with 32 GB RAM and with 'normal' scenery London is around 50 - 70 FPS; With GB South it dropped in places to 4 FPS! To add insult to injury has anyone noticed that the road traffic crossing the Thames does so under the bridges? I would have thought that this simple error would have been sorted with this update?

Sadly if Orbyx don't up their game they are going to lose this customer - and most of my scenery is theirs.

So, not impressed.

ATB

Allan
Don't mention that on their forum Allan - you will be banned - they don't appear to take kindly to "criticism."

Graham :hide:
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Tried EGLC. First time it was with real weather Active Sky. System froze. Second time no real weather, the sim was worse than a slide show. Did not get above 10fps. De-activated again.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

All this is very disappointing. True Earth GB was going to be a certain purchase, but I'm hearing the same things about poor performance here and from other sources. Is it Orbx's fault though ? Or is it the old creaky bits of P3Dv4 ?

And Graham - you're not wrong, mate. I've seen evidence of that myself. :agree:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Graham wrote:
Don't mention that on their forum Allan - you will be banned - they don't appear to take kindly to "criticism."
Don't worry Graham, I will wear a mask when I visit the Orbx forum. :lol:

It is sad though that constructive criticism cannot be accepted.

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Or is it the old creaky bits of P3Dv4 ?
I no nothing about P3d apart from it now being 64bit application but even though it is 64bit it is still very much underneath FSX? :dunno: I doubt if there will be an improvement unless of course Lockheed Martin completely re-writes its code but again I could be wrong!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nigel H-J wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 15:12
Or is it the old creaky bits of P3Dv4 ?
I no nothing about P3d apart from it now being 64bit application but even though it is 64bit it is still very much underneath FSX? :dunno: I doubt if there will be an improvement unless of course Lockheed Martin completely re-writes its code but again I could be wrong!

Regards
Nigel.
Exactly why I moved to X-Plane. P3D is just FSX with added sparkle.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Re-activated and flew from St.Marys to Perranporth. AS weather, Ultimate Traffic and Pilot2ATC. In Ants Tiger Moth at 3500. Getting frame rates between 30-50 sometimes higher. Used setting advised on Orbx forum. Seems it is OK on lower end as long as I avoid London. Doing a series of flights that will end at Thruxton and going via Biggin Hill so I will see what happens when I get to the south east.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Took off from Biggin Hil. I headed towards London and the sim was freezing and stuttering. Managed to turn away and head south. Became fluid and alright. Iswiveled and looked towards London and back to freezing and stuttering again. When I have it activated I will avoid London.
Simon

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

If you have GenX is there any point getting this?

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Is the Just Flight Next Gen VFR Scenery better than True Earth?
Simon