Carenado Saab 340 for X-Plane

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Carenado Saab 340 for X-Plane

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hopefully old enough to be considered for the forum given its 1983 first flight, I've pulled the trigger on the latest release from Carenado.

I've often been temped by the LES Saab 340 but held out when Carenado announced this one. I can't say I've done a great deal other than buzz around the country on autopilot but I'll have a look at the systems when I get time.

Anyway, a few shots taken between Inverness and Southampton that show off the Orbx scenery well...

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Carenado Saab 340 for X-Plane

Post by Paul K »

A very handsome aircraft - one that 'looks right'. I used to see the Loganair ones at Glasgow airport every week.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I have the P3Dv4 version and enjoy flying it. Also have the VCol one. Flown in them from Glasgow to Benbecula and Inverness to Edinburgh and reverse. Like them a lot.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great screenshots and a great looking aircraft Chris, maybe when I have a little spare money I will either plumb for that or the MD80.

Chris, are you using Xvision or do you just have Shaders?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I bought the LES one during the week, and it looks like I picked the wrong one :'(

I haven't yet managed to complete a flight with it, totally non-standard controls, views you need to pick from a menu, controls that won't bind to keyboard or joystick commands and some pretty old graphics.....apart from that it's OK 8)

Looking at those screenies I think I know what next months purchase is going to be.....another SAAB 340 :wall:

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

simondix wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 09:03
I have the P3Dv4 version and enjoy flying it. Also have the VCol one. Flown in them from Glasgow to Benbecula and Inverness to Edinburgh and reverse. Like them a lot.
I need to look at getting a flight on one before they disappear. I've flown on a 2000 twice and thoroughly enjoyed it... better than a Q400 or ATR in my opinion (but not quite Fokker 50 - my fav).

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nigel H-J wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 16:50
Great screenshots and a great looking aircraft Chris, maybe when I have a little spare money I will either plumb for that or the MD80.

Chris, are you using Xvision or do you just have Shaders?

Regards
Nigel.
No extras Nigel, just standard XP with times set accordingly to provide nice lighting.

I think we should all get together and campaign for Mrs HJ to let you have both. No point in having a new PC if you've hardly got anything to fly is there :lol: :welldone:

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

alemaobaiano wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 17:39
I bought the LES one during the week, and it looks like I picked the wrong one :'(

I haven't yet managed to complete a flight with it, totally non-standard controls, views you need to pick from a menu, controls that won't bind to keyboard or joystick commands and some pretty old graphics.....apart from that it's OK 8)

Looking at those screenies I think I know what next months purchase is going to be.....another SAAB 340 :wall:

TTFN
I have read some negative things about Carenado aircraft having poor flight dynamics etc but then yesterday I read a post on a forum that stated:
Thranda, the group that ports Carenado's planes, essentially takes the modelling and texturing from Carenado but builds everything else from the ground up. In my experience, Thranda's ports are much, much better than their FSX/P3D counterparts.

It was that comment that made my mind up.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Charlie Bravo wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 18:01
simondix wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 09:03
I need to look at getting a flight on one before they disappear. I've flown on a 2000 twice and thoroughly enjoyed it... better than a Q400 or ATR in my opinion (but not quite Fokker 50 - my fav).
Yes so I hear. I haven't had a flight on a 2000 yet. When I did the Inverness Edinburgh flight it was blowing a gale and apart from a few minor bounces at EGPH it was quite a stable flight.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

No extras Nigel, just standard XP with times set accordingly to provide nice lighting.

I think we should all get together and campaign for Mrs HJ to let you have both. No point in having a new PC if you've hardly got anything to fly is there :lol: :welldone:
:lol: :lol: the problem is I have had my turn and now it is my wifes' turn to have something she wants!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.