JF Duchess for XP11

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

JF Duchess for XP11

Post by alemaobaiano »

JF have released a nice little Duchess 76 for XP11 for those looking for a basic simple twin. I've been a big fan of this little bird since I read about it in Alan Bramson's Book of Flight tests and later had the opportunity to put in some time on a real one.

https://store.x-plane.org/Duchess-Model-76_p_968.html

I haven't been able to take any photos yet, but it is really stable in flight and doesn't have much impact on frames. It won't appeal to everyone, even on sale this weekend, but for Duchess fans it's a must have.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JF Duchess for XP11

Post by Nigel H-J »

May very well buy that in time but have so much on at the present as saving up for VR to buy late on in the year November/December.

Just had a look at the prices and X Plane always seem to charge more than Just Flight for some strange reason. At normal pricing Just Flight is £27.99 whereas X Plane purchase without the sale is £33.03.

As it is a Just Flight production will buy directly from them.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

You had me worried for a moment there Nigel :worried:

It might be a regional thing, but for me both sites show U$41.99 at normal price, U$33.50 in the Org sale.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You had me worried for a moment there Nigel :worried:

It might be a regional thing, but for me both sites show U$41.99 at normal price, U$33.50 in the Org sale.
:lol: :lol: Sorry about that but on reflection, I think you are right, X Plane.Org trades in dollars so possibly they have to take into account of exchange rates. But then again, I could be wrong! :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The Duchess looks very nice, and I’ll be interested to see if JF continues with XP development. However, the updated Carenado Baron, coupled with Simcoders’ Reality Expansion Pack, is the front runner for me at the moment.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Paul K wrote:
28 May 2019, 22:40
The Duchess looks very nice, and I’ll be interested to see if JF continues with XP development. However, the updated Carenado Baron, coupled with Simcoders’ Reality Expansion Pack, is the front runner for me at the moment.
That's probably true for many people Paul, the Duchess doesn't really bring anything new to the table despite being a lovely little flyer. I bought it as I have had a soft spot for the thing for more than 30 years, so it was a purchase of the heart more than the head.

TTFN

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I’ll be interested to see if JF continues with XP development.
I'm sure they will Paul, as already they are busy on doing Traffic Global for X Plane 11: https://www.justflight.com/product/traf ... bal-xplane

I would also dearly love to see the VC10 that they did for FSX and P3d come out for X Plane 11. Now that would be a seller!

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

alemaobaiano wrote:
29 May 2019, 10:38
... so it was a purchase of the heart more than the head.
:agree: I can identify with that, mate. I reckon 90% of my add-ons collection falls into that category. :lol:

Hi Nigel, yes, I'd also like the VC-10 in XP11. By the way, chaps, are you both aware of this...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... n-il-76td/

The 'Candid' has been a favourite aircraft for many years so I'm going to give it a whirl today.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

many thanks for that Paul, downloaded and took it for a flight, could not at first find the parking brake so in the end just mapped a key to 'toggle brake max effort' and it worked as also spent a lot of time searching for parking brake but not listed!! :doh:

Just wish they would translate Russian to English inside the cockpit but guess that would be cheating!! Lovely aircraft to fly and no doubt about it. Again, many thanks for the link Paul. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

You're welcome, Nigel :) . Looking through the discussion thread, I see there's an improved VC in development:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... spection/&

Some nice pant schemes too. I would think the potential for repaints with the Candid is enormous. You see them all over the place, particularly the third world doing relief flights and so on. A really great aircraft.