Microsoft Launch new FSX version

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Microsoft Launch new FSX version

Post by Airspeed »

X-BOX, *-) maybe the grandsons might get interested :dunno:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Apparently it's on PC as well. Looks stunning, but I'll wait and see how things develop before getting too excited.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep, Xbox and Windws 10, according to the small print. It seems to have caught everyone by surprise - lots of speculation now at AVSIM.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5556 ... own-at-e3/

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hang on a minute guys, is this new sim likely to be launched with or after the new X Box Scarlett Console?

Just watch the video in the link. I could be well tempted to ditch the computer for the new box especially when using VR.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-20 ... 0-6467559/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I just hope they don’t try to go down the ms flight/FSW path of everything is pay for dlc or subscription
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Interesting. *-)

Brian

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

blanston12 wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 15:18
I just hope they don’t try to go down the ms flight/FSW path of everything is pay for dlc or subscription
I'm really hoping Flight taught them some lessons in what the community wants and target this as a simulator rather than a game.

I'm hoping the decision to make it a "Microsoft Flight Simulator" rather than use another title suggests it will be.

Being targeted at XBox as well as PC does concern me a little when it comes to the mod scene. The console market is very locked down when it comes to mods, although XBox is less restrictive than PlayStation.

All in all I'm interested to see how it turns out. Although I'll wait for
real world reviews rather than pre-ordering when it's available.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Being targeted at XBox as well as PC does concern me a little when it comes to the mod scene.
Great to hear from you, wondered where the devil you've been hiding!! :poke: :lol:

Now that is something I had missed, OK as far as the computer goes but what about the add-ons such as the options of payware aircraft or airports for X Box itself?

I think things could get a bit complicated in this area, unless of course you have to have an account including paying over the X-Box then whatever you purchase goes into your account on the X Box :dunno:

Or just maybe I am getting a bit confused!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

fs10inator
Meteor
Meteor

Post by fs10inator »

thehappyotter wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 17:41
Being targeted at XBox as well as PC does concern me a little when it comes to the mod scene. The console market is very locked down when it comes to mods, although XBox is less restrictive than PlayStation.
Same here; that's certainly the most important incentive for me to use MSFS (next to having good performance *cough FSX cough*). But I do have, at the very least, a glimmer of hope, because Kerbal Space Program is available on consoles and PC, but just the PC version can be modded by the community much like MSFS, and the devs are okay with it.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in it

I don't have an Xbox console, so this doesn't affect me. On the other hand, I'm interested in how well MSFS will fare in a console--maybe less eyecandy, but that is yet to be known.