France VFR

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

France VFR

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps,

Have any of you used any of the France VFR scenery?

If so, what do you think?

https://www.francevfr.com/

I’m just looking at Languedoc at the moment, and I’d like to get a half decent Perpignan airport.

It was interesting when I was over there how airbus seem to use the regional airports for testing I’m guessing. Pay, Carcassonne, Perpignan and Beziers. I saw the BA and Virgin A350’s in test flights over the area too.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: France VFR

Post by Swanoir »

Pertinent question as I've just spent 3 weeks in the South of France (just west of Antibes/ East of Cannes) and, as I usually do when I've been on holiday somewhere, I like to re-explore where I've been in FSX. I've got ORBX land class installed which has made a fairly accurate job of the hills and coastline. I also used my JF points to get the Aerosoft Nice add on the other day. It's obviously an improvement on default, but there's not much to it, slightly disappointing. 8)

On a separate note, our villa had a ringside seat, as it were, to the approaches to Nice. So, so many private jest! And private 737s and A320s! Made me sick 8) . But not as galling as the sight of Roman Abramovich's super yacht, the Eclipse, moored in the bay just across from us. Apparently it has its own submarine...Where did I go wrong? :hide:

:OT: Major highlight of the holiday was driving my family in our humble Dacia around the actual Monaco Grand Prix circuit! Managed it in 11 minutes. Lewis Hamilton did it this year in 1 minute 14 seconds...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:lol: That's exactly were we were the other week. Stopped off at Monaco on the Friday night 2 weeks ago. His yacht was moored in the Marina that night, but set sail the following Morning.

If you think his Yacht is good, there's a cracker in Barcelona... and its on the UK Register which is amazing.

Also spotted an Air Tankers A330 on a Jet2 Holiday charter!!! Who knew.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Swanoir wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 23:01
....... to Nice. So, so many private jest! .......
Surely, you are joking? :hide: :lol:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

TSR2 wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 01:10
:lol: That's exactly were we were the other week. Stopped off at Monaco on the Friday night 2 weeks ago. His yacht was moored in the Marina that night, but set sail the following Morning.

If you think his Yacht is good, there's a cracker in Barcelona... and its on the UK Register which is amazing.

Also spotted an Air Tankers A330 on a Jet2 Holiday charter!!! Who knew.
It's another world, isn't it!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Airspeed wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 09:03
Swanoir wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 23:01
....... to Nice. So, so many private jest! .......
Surely, you are joking? :hide: :lol:
Yeah, got boring by the end! 'Oh for a Cessna!' I lamented by the pool... :thumbsup:

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2 wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 22:42
Have any of you used any of the France VFR scenery?
I have Martinique and Guadalupe islands from France VFR Scenery and it is SUPERB!!

Here are my screenshots using that France VFR Scenery as seen on this link:

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/threa ... e-tropical

Regards,

Aharon

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I have quite a bit of VFR France... The newer versions are pretty good but resource heavy. If using P3D don't bother with the older stuff as it has to be knife and forked in and the quality isn't great. The downside with VFR France is that it is an expensive way to cover the whole of France. I've got the South of France (excluding the South East) and up through Auvergne as well as some of the older scenery for the South West. I also have XP-11 and have France covered in photo scenery with Europe 2 buildings etc. Not as good as France VFR but performance is considerably better.

Fingers crossed that ORBX will cover France in the not too distant future.

By the way, if you haven't done it yet one of the best driving roads to get to the South of France is the A75 between Clermont-Ferrand and the coastal plain. Not only is it toll free but it's also an interesting drive. The descent to the coastal plain is a blast! Cheap hotel stop over points (and fuel) at Issoire or Millau. It's the road I use most often to get to the South - avoids the chaos of Lyon and the boredom of the Toulouse route. Watch out for speed cameras though.