Rex Sky Force 3D

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Rex Sky Force 3D

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have just received a reply from REX regarding my problem in not now being able to register REX Essential + OverDrive due to FSS not now trading.

They have kindly offered me a 35% discount on any of their products as they no longer support REX Essentials due to being now quite old. I have been looking at REX 5 Sky Force 3D for FSX. Does any-one have this product and if so what are your opinions of it?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Rex Sky Force 3D

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Don't do it Nigel... that money will get you a nice shiny X-Plane add-on instead ;) :lol:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

No idea here, Nigel. I have one of several Rex products - Essentials, Essentials Plus, Real Environment Extreme - but I'm not certain exactly which one. *-)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Don't do it Nigel... that money will get you a nice shiny X-Plane add-on instead ;) :lol:
:lol: :lol: Oh heck Chris, now you have thrown the spanner in the works :poke:

No idea here, Nigel. I have one of several Rex products - Essentials, Essentials Plus, Real Environment Extreme - but I'm not certain exactly which one.
*-)

Gawd almighty, sure is getting worse on here for advice!! :wall: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 17:34
Gawd almighty, sure is getting worse on here for advice!! :wall: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Well, it's like this; I had Rex Essentials, and it served very well for a long time. Then I decided to see if there were any updates, and yes indeed there were. It was a case of 'this patch if you have a certain version, otherwise it's the other patch. But then there was Essentials Plus, which was also an upgrade ( I think ) as long as your Essentials version was patched to another number. Then came Essentials Plus + Overdrive. Now did that mean Plus with Overdrive, or was the Plus just a word and the symbol '+' meaning Overdrive was 'additional to' ? Or was it two inadvertent plusses...plus and + ? Well,it all depended on the version of Rex Plus and whether you had patched Essentials to Plus and/or with Overdrive, because if not, you had to do a fresh download of whatever you had installed ( but only if downloaded before a certain date, otherwise follow this link to our update page, thank you. )

Eventually, Tim Fuchs sent me a complete fresh download link which was very kind of him, but I'm still not entirely certain what it is I have. It's not installed because P3Dv4 isn't on my computer at the moment.

I hope this has been of assistance, Nigel. :cheers:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Eventually, Tim Fuchs sent me a complete fresh download link which was very kind of him, but I'm still not entirely certain what it is I have. It's not installed because P3Dv4 isn't on my computer at the moment.

I hope this has been of assistance, Nigel. :cheers:
Oh yes definitely!! :doh: Think I may go with Chris's idea of getting something new and shiny instead!! :lol:

Seriously though, I only re-installed FSX as was missing the classic aircraft including Just Flights' VC10 and also paid out quite a lot for Orbx Sceneries as well. As I have quite a bit of empty space on my HDD Drive which is only going to waste thought I had better put it to good use as FSX runs really well on my computer now apart from a few stutters here and there. 8) Have 1GB SSD but that is solely for X-Plane11, have thought about REX offer of 35% off but seems a bit of waste of money if I only use FSX for a few flights a week and not as much flying as in the other sim.

After reading your reply, like you I would have become completely lost on which version was installed after all those updates etc. :lol:

Many thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Guys,

I’ve had various REX products before, but which of the current products (if any) is a real world weather product.. like live weather? I’ve got a discount code through from them and I’m not at my PC, so can’t work out which product does real weather. I remember buying one of their weather products before only to find you had to design your own weather, which wasn’t at all what I was after. Any advice much appreciated.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I took the plunge anyway, £14.00 (GBP) and its pretty good, so happy with my purchase. :thumbsup: :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage