X-Vision for X-Plane

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

X-Vision for X-Plane

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I've been looking at purchasing X-Vision over the last day or two and decided to take the plunge with its purchase price of £20.

It's pretty much a shader tool but with many more options and the ability to use presets created by other people.
I checked out a few presets but found them to be too dark although this one eems to hit the spot for me.
Changing presets is a matter of clicking a couple of buttons and restarting XP.

A few images from a quick test flight... (Everything bar the ground scenery and aircraft is default)

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Vision for X-Plane

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that looks pretty good to me Chris, much better than the default in X-Plane. Had been thinking of getting it but have too much on at the moment so use the free-ware shader instead.

Great screen shots and the clouds look a darn sight better with it. :thumbsup:

BTW, just out of curiousity, was there a F50 in British paint scheme?

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hi Nigel,

A nice Air UK livery here...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... 50-air-uk/

:cheers:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great Chris, many thanks for the link and will be flying that this afternoon. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Slight update...

I decided that that preset was also too dark. I appreciate how it looks when at altitude but down at ground level, it was far too vivid and dark.
Given that, I tried a couple more before finding a preset that isn't as harsh but still maintains a realistic appearance.
It's not perfect but once I can be bothered, I could always try adjusting the parameters myself.

You'll have to forgive any similar shots - I was getting screenshot happy using different times of day!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

That is good Chris, clouds look like clouds and really like the screenshot number 4 with the sunset above the clouds and the lights below very atmospheric.

There were times when gliding I managed to get the last flight of the day in the K8 to do the hanger flight, on one particular evening during the summer dusk was setting in but just enough visibility to do the flight, there were a few cumulus clouds and the suns' dying light was just over the horizon as in that screenshot. As I flew around at 1,200ft it was so peaceful and calm, it was difficult to draw my attention back to the job in hand and land the K8 by the hanger.

I am sure that you will eventually get there with a setting that you like but the only trouble is even though you think you have the perfect setup your're mind cannot resist just another fiddle around!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Still fiddling around with presets on this. I thought I'd pause the sim and fast forward time by 1 hour to show the lighting and realism X-Vision and XP provides.

And a couple of extras...

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Really great screenshot Chris, amazing what you can achieve with software like that and certainly makes X-Plane look much better than the default settings. I think pictures 15,16 and 17 are really great! :thumbsup:

Myself, I am just using Vivid Sky which one user had put up on the downloads page in X-Plane the sky textures are from one of his xVision presets which means it will work as a standalone or with other plugins. Very happy with this as the clouds look like clouds now and overall a much better improvement over the default settings. BTW, this screenshot was taken about 10 mins before No1 Engine failed followed by the No. 2!! :wall:

Regards
Nigel.