ORBX Alderney

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

ORBX Alderney

Post by DaveG »

I see ORBX have just rereleased Earth Simulations Alderney for FSX/P3d.
Aus$ 14.95 (approx £7.50), and it qualifies for the sale that's on at the moment so you can get 50% of that price ATM.
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: ORBX Alderney

Post by Airspeed »

Yes, read that in detail, but I see they make numerous apologies, and that's why it's so cheap.
Not that I've used ES Alderney recently, due to FSX crashing every time I select a flight, but I am hoping that my old ES version will work. :worried:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yes, I read that too. I've got the original ES version installed in p3d and it seems to work fine so I don't know quite what their problem is apart from the licensing issue. :dunno:
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

DaveG wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 12:38
Yes, I read that too. I've got the original ES version installed in p3d and it seems to work fine so I don't know quite what their problem is apart from the licensing issue. :dunno:
That seems to be it, Dave; they wanted to "bring the original back to life", but the owners of some important graphics refused to transfer the licence, so they were forced to rebuild.

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Well, I was a little apprehensive about buying this since this last Orbx P3Dv4 product I bought, London City, was such a frame rate killer I can't use it on my system (=waste of money) but for the current sale price of £3.50 there was little to lose. I also recall my previous ES products in FSX could take up to 4 minutes to load on my old system, often remaining as black blocks.

Well, there was no need to worry - frame rates are high, and the scenery is a PURE JOY to explore. :welldone: Thank you, Santa! I really hope Orbx revive some of the other ES sceneries, now.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Glad it's working for you. :thumbsup:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Late to the thread but had to post as I've finally got it installed after some issues, even though I've had it for weeks. Turns out all down to my own stupidity, I was trying to install it through FTX 3, not realising that everything is handled through ORBX Central now :hide:
Anyway, I'm glad I got there in the end as it's fantastic. I flew there 'properly' from Southampton (ORBX too, excellent airport) in an Aurigny Islander. Then swapped to a Bell 47 and switched off collisions (I know, I know), and started exploring the airport. Incredible attention to detail. Hopped over the fence and landed in a flock of animated sheep, was amazed that they were actually bleating! 1m mesh resolution is brilliant, I normally have it set to 5m, but thought I'd take advantage of this scenery feature and it really made a difference. Haven't even had time to explore the wider island, looking forward to doing that today. With the £11 Tiger Moth and £3.50 Alderney scenery, it seems that at last we can have quality addons in FS for a sensible price. Long may it continue! :thumbsup:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

There's a tree on approach to RWY 26 that has terrible crash detection! What can I do? (and don't say turn off crashes...)

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Land on 08?

:hide:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »