Disgraceful, Misleading Branding

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Disgraceful, Misleading Branding

Post by JohnWillimas »

I know that no-one here would be fooled by this but I think this piece of product branding at Amazon is a disgrace....

"Flight Simulator 2020 X DELUXE Edition Flight Sim FlightGear 6 Disc DVD CD Set For Microsoft Windows 10 8 7 Vista PC & Mac OS X - 600+ Aircraft & FULL Worldwide Scenery! by PixelClassics"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPQ8FYZ/ ... oEb1TP01MW
--

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Disgraceful, Misleading Branding

Post by Airspeed »

Even used a font and colour scheme that makes it look like MS!
You're right, it's disgusting. The note that this is not MS towards the end does not get them off the hook. :rant:

Not only that, but I checked on the veracity of amazon's "buyer ratings"
ReviewMeta filters out suspicious ratings, reducing the number of likely real ones from 7,820 to 316, and dropping the score from 4.2 /5 to 2.1 /5.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I'm pretty sure that I fell foul of this, or very similar, scam a few years ago. Thinking I had a 'new' open source flight sim but in fact it looked just like FSX. There were several very negative posts on the net about it which I found after I had paid out my hard earned. If I remember correctly I was supposed to pay an annual 'membership' fee to enable automatic updates - neat eh?

I put it down to experience and binned the CDs.

A bit like in the old days when some scrote would copy freeware and then sell it on floppy disc and there were plenty of those about 20 years or so ago.

Just sayin.. :)

ATB

Allan

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I did actually try the download , free, version of Flight Gear but rejected it as unsuitable . It is a half finished product which requires a lot more work. This CD version is one which someone is ripping off from the freeware product and thus is disgraceful on 2 fronts

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Yepp, I've tried Flight Gear too and it's great that there is an open source alternative in the FlightSim world. I'm guessing the team there would be as annoyed as anyone...