ORBX Global

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

ORBX Global

Post by Airspeed »

OK, MSFS2020 is nearly here, but:
Couldn't resist the half price offer for Global Base and Global Vector.
Installation was trouble free, but all my complexity settings were automatically reset to minimum.
Then it turned out that Base has to be configured, as all options were set to blank.
Haven't had much of a look at the result yet, as I was getting exterior painting done while we have some warm dry weather.
The detail is way up on the default. Streets and buildings are easy on the eye, a lot of 3D buildings with nice textures.
Coastal detail is much better, breakwaters at river mouths instead of rigid straight lines of beaches.
FPS took a hiding at my current settings, and with detailed clouds selected, the blue of the sky comes as 3 bands of intensity.
I should get some time to tweak shortly. Whether I need more processing power is unknown.
Don't know how long the 50% deal is on, but for me, saving $80 across the two seemed like a good idea at the time, especially having recently been offered $400 off a pair of headphones; I didn't bother looking at the price.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: ORBX Global

Post by Swanoir »

I've got tons of the ORBX stuff and I really like it. I've never had any issues and it really is a huge improvement on the default scenery. :thumbsup:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: ORBX Global

Post by Buggyman »

I run 100% ORBX these days and really enjoy the depth of detail.

The only problem I have is with TE GB South which turns my PC into a slide show even though everything else shows at 35+ in cities outside. I have remedied the problem by uninstalling TE GB South and just using the ORBX England scenery but gaining on the FPS.

So, that withstanding, I am happy with ORBX.

ATB

Allan