Lock Down Sales Continue...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Lock Down Sales Continue...

Post by Swanoir »

Haven't had time to check out the ORBX offers yet, but there's a Carenado sale on at Just Flight at the moment. Some are pathetic (£34 down to £32 etc.) But I snapped up the Do228 which I wanted anyway but didn't want to pay £34.99, but can't argue with at £10. Also got the S550 Citation for £9.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Lock Down Sales Continue...

Post by Aharon »

Swanoir wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 20:56
I snapped up the Do228 which I wanted anyway but didn't want to pay £34.99, but can't argue with at £10.
Tell me how this plane is

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

The same sale is going on over at PC Aviator and I picked up the Carenado Cessna C340 II for half-price and very nice it is too.

I also noticed they had a 50% off sale on all Virtavia products so I picked up one of their aircraft too.
Larry

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You can get PricipitFX (enhanced rain, snow, contrails etc) for free at Orbx at the moment.
https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-precipitfx
Dave G.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

DaveG wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 19:12
You can get PricipitFX (enhanced rain, snow, contrails etc) for free at Orbx at the moment.
How is it???

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Don't know, haven't tried it myself! :lol:
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Another freebee, Aeroplane Heaven are giving away their Globe Swift.
https://aeroplaneheaven.com/product_swift.php
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Aharon wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 16:05
Swanoir wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 20:56
I snapped up the Do228 which I wanted anyway but didn't want to pay £34.99, but can't argue with at £10.
Tell me how this plane is
Aharon, I've wanted the Do228 since I got the ORBX Alderney scenery for the obvious link with Aurigny. Also I've got the ORBX Southampton airport so the Do228 was the missing link (literally).
To answer your question, yes, I'm very happy with the aircraft, especially at £10! If you already have any Carenado aircraft you'll know what to expect. Very nice modelling and textures. But to be honest, nothing that really grabbed me as 'special' if you see what I mean? I At £10 it's great, but if I'd spent £35 I think I would have been disappointed. Hope that's useful. :thumbsup:

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Swanior,

Thanks for your review. One more question please Is it too much work to operate and fly DO228?

Regards,

Aharon

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Aharon wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 16:06
Swanior,

Thanks for your review. One more question please Is it too much work to operate and fly DO228?

Regards,

Aharon
No definitely not! I like to consider myself a very intelligent and aviation-minded person. But I have to admit, there are some virtual aircraft that I just can't get my head around. For example, I've got the PMDG Jetstream 41 and I've literally NEVER flown it because I still can't start the engines (yes I've read the manual)!
But the Carenado Do 228, if you want it's just Ctrl+E and off you go, which, to be honest is how I like it! :thumbsup: